Idiots make the world go round.

Let’s face it: morons rule our lives. They’re all around the smart people, assaulting them from every single corner of their being. They’re our politicians, our bosses, our heroes, our villains, etc.

The global economy revolves around idiocy. For example, take home exercise equipment. That stuff costs a shitload, has few effects on your wellbeing, and pretty much hurts more than exercise should while giving no results. Not only that, but 95% of the people who get the stuff NEVER FUCKING USE IT! So, who would waste about $260 on stuff that doesn’t work? That’s right, idiots. And how about pocket televisions with no reception, or painful swiss treatments, or various other crap that no sane person would touch with a nine-and-a-half foot pole? Who pays for that? Answer: idiots.

Politics are a breeding grounds for idiots. I’m not saying that only idiots run for office, but about 80% of those that make it are complete morons. Some of them probably make Bush look like a genius, but fortunately haven’t risen very high in the charts yet (although they probably will eventually). The smart people are hopeless, as the idiots that run for office also tend to be extremely stubborn. If you combine big, dumb, and stubborn, then you have an invincible individual in a debate, one that would be capable of destroying even Sinistral. Fortunately, by the time most people get into office, they’re old men that are losing their minds to various diseases, so they don’t stay very long.

Sports (especially football) are stereotyped as being nothing more than a bunch of drunk idiots. This is unfair to the 30% of football players I know that AREN’T drunk idiots. For the other 70%, however…they deserve the reputation. They throw parties, get drunk off their asses, and drive dangerously around the road.

There is also the Internet, but going into that would be REALLY disasterous. So I’ll stay away from there.

There. Now…hands everyone an "Auto-Shredder…TEAR IT APART!

That’s a rough approximation. I’d pick apart a few inaccuracies but I lack the time (ochem…grah).

If you wanna know about idiots, imagine being in the 28th week of organic chemistry , and someone asks “where does the water come from” for a dilute acidic reaction occuring in aqueous solution. It almost made me cry. We need idiots. They make smart people look good. They pick up our garbage. They’re our postal workers. College gave me a new appreciation for morons as I was graded on a curve ,where I get an A for being in the top x% of a class. Its hilarious. More so when their idiot parents pay you 15 bucks an hour , if not more, to show their idiot children how to do their mindless hw.

Doing well in the world is knowing how to work the system. Manipulate the system in your favor and you’ll love idiots. Playing Delita is fun.

Originally posted by Sinistral
Doing well in the world is knowing how to work the system. Manipulate the system in your favor and you’ll love idiots. Playing Delita is fun.

That’s how the world works; it gives the shaft to the stupid (who are too dumb to know that they’re being manipulated) and the lazy (who know that they’re being manipulated but realize that arguing against that would be work). I fall a bit into both catagories.

only if you choose not to seize oppurtunities when they arise.

Well, I definately agree with you on most of what you just said Galloway. It is rather unfortunate that the people capable of getting the job done are overshadowed by those with shear stupidity. The best example i find is that, if a school was locked down, with no teachers or administration, and someone from the student population had to run the show, who would? The smart kids? I very much doubt that. People are all about populartiy, usually the intellectuals of our world are the outcasts. Why? Because they’re not like the 99% of the people around them who are dumber than sidewalks. Ok, i’m sorry, i take that back, i don’t want to insult the sidewalk. But, since people love to relate to other people, the best way to become friends or someone’s favorite is to be like them on a mental level. Hell…I’d say Bush is doing a damn good job, don’t you?

Originally posted by AngelOfShadows
Hell…I’d say Bush is doing a damn good job, don’t you?

If you mean getting popularity, then yes. If you mean an actual good job, then no. I used to support Bush, but my favoritism of him has died due to his recent actions.

I meant him showing his moronic side every chance he gets. But honestly though, do you think he would have gotten as far as he had if his dad hadn’t been a President?

the only thing worse than a moron is someone who thinks they’re specially bright.

What happened, did your house burn down or something? There’s no real reason to be angry, the world’s been like this for a while. If you are really that upset with it, you should make it some sort of goal to change it.
Everyone is stupid in their own way, yet everyone is smart in their own way. It’s all perspective.

Originally posted by Sinistral
If you wanna know about idiots, imagine being in the 28th week of organic chemistry , and someone asks “where does the water come from” for a dilute acidic reaction occuring in aqueous solution. It almost made me cry.

Yeah, hehheh. Stupid idiots. Didn’t even know what aqueous thingamajigger of the stuff came from.

Gila: I just felt like saying something about it. I ignore idiots as much as possible. To me, they’re just…well…idiots…:fungah:

Originally posted by Cless Alvein
Yeah, hehheh. Stupid idiots. Didn’t even know what aqueous thingamajigger of the stuff came from.

They don’t know where the water comes from in a reaction that is taking place in water (an aqueous solution, the stuff in the reaction is already dissolved in water).

Quote: Doing well in the world is knowing how to work the system. Manipulate the system in your favor and you’ll love idiots. Playing Delita is fun.

And THAT’S how I passed 8th grade Algebra!

Kagato could you please explain a little more in depth on that issue?

As for idiots, I’m guessing I’ll met a lot more in high school and maybe even a few more in college. I tend to stay away from idiots and keep to myself but this becomes a problem when in school we have to do group reports/projects.

True Story: I nearly flunked my Environmental Science class one semester, even though I normally do well in the subject. Why? Because I always got paired up with idiots for the projects that were 70% of my final grade. Thank god for extra credit.

That is what the AP and Honors classes are for, to weed out at least most if not all of the idiots

Our world is SUPPORTED on the backs of fools and morons. Without people to mindlessly, soullessly follow the whims and wills of society, there would BE no society, at least not as it is today.

And it’s for good reason. The people who ACTUALLY run society are not fools, though. They know exactly what they’re doing, and how they’re manipulating people, and continue to do so because it guarantees them a place in power. And if you think the elected political leaders are the ones who actually run society…well, they aren’t, pure and simple. In the grand scheme of society, political leaders need be good at only one thing: getting elected. The best man wins.

However galloway: society doesn’t give the shaft to the stupid and the lazy. If anything, it gives them security - after all, its power STEMS from them. If they weren’t there, if instead in their place was an intelligent, perceptive person who saw the system for what it is…well what, you think the collective forces of society would like that? Not at all. Any intelligent and perceptive person willing to take action is a danger to the system, since they see it for what it is - an elite cadre crushing idealism with despair, and then giving jobs, financial security, to those people who are willing to work their ass off to support it.

And Sin: The system loves people who manipulate it in their favor. Because it means that a person is intelligent and perceptive enough to see it for the corruption it is, but who rationalizes its existence with the fact that it can be used for material, experiencial, or otherwise personal gains. I don’t know…Doing well in the world seems to require in part becoming PART of it - part of the corruption and filth and soullessness and mindlessness, so I’m always skeptical of those who believe they can manipulate it to their advantage and come out scot-free.

-Mazrim Taim

well, I’m not really sure if it “is a system” though, I think you’ve been watching The Matrix too much :stuck_out_tongue:

Originally posted by Gamer5389
That is what the AP and Honors classes are for, to weed out at least most if not all of the idiots

shrugs There were still alot of idiots in my ap and honors classes… they were just the “smarter” idiots. :stuck_out_tongue:

d_Galloway, was this AP Environmental Science (apes! woo)? That class was pretty sad <.< We made an ecosystem in a bottle… but our fish was too big, and everything died. -_-;

Originally posted by Merlin
the only thing worse than a moron is someone who thinks they’re specially bright.

Yeah, Merl knows a lot about thinking you know better.

Originally posted by Mazrim Taim

Doing well in the world seems to require in part becoming PART of it - part of the corruption and filth and soullessness and mindlessness, so I’m always skeptical of those who believe they can manipulate it to their advantage and come out scot-free.

To do these things, one usually requires enough self confidence to want to risk it, which means one usually believes he or she can get away with it. QED most crime.