Identity for sale

http://home.peoplepc.com/psp/newsstory.asp?cat=health&id=20050918/432ce640_3ca6_15526200509181335670216

intriguing, but could go horribly wrong.

I want to look like Sin!

What’d happen if it got rejected?

But her critics say the operation is way too risky for something that is not a matter of life or death, as organ transplants are. They paint the frighteningly surreal image of a worst-case scenario: a transplanted face being rejected and sloughing away, leaving the patient worse off than before.

I’m more concerned about the psychological problems. Would the transplant recipient reject the new mental image of themselves and want plastic surgery to get back to how they originally looked?

Well, then you’re not very smart to have agreed to this operation in the first place.

Hmm. Ever heard of a French horror film, (I know I’m going to misspell this) <i>Les Yeux Sans Visage</i> (The Eyes Without a Face)? It’s about a doctor whose daughter is defaced (lol pun) in a car wreck. He spends the rest of the movie trying to get her a new face, through…highly unethical means.

Sounds like Face-Off.

Except Face-Off was about an agent who was going “undercover” to find some evil guy…

Ninten:cool: