I thought this was funny, so I posted it

I don’t care if my president can give speeches as much as I care about his policy and how effective he is at running the country. But I can see why somebody would rather have a president that doesn’t fumble his words (although I still think that’s a very unimportant thing, for better or worse, image is all that a lot of people care about, which makes it an artificially important quality, I suppose).

(Don’t get the impression that I love Bush or anything (I don’t care for Bush or Kerry), I’d just rather people criticize him for his policy (in a thoughtful, intelligent manner) rather than make fun of the way he speaks.)

I am issuing the following challenge to anyone on this board.

Name 5 good things that G-Dub has done for middle-class America(and don’t say the war, that has only helped the wealthy and oil-business owning Americans).

Because I sure as hell can’t even name one good thing he has done for middle class America(who I consider to be the economical backbone of our country, considering that the Per Capita Income average is that of the average middle class American), let alone five.

-Tax Cuts.
-Promoting Comp/Flex Time.
-Provided/Providing Assistance for housing.
-Reformed/Reforming Federal Job Training Programs.
-Established new, tax-free Health Savings Accounts.
And that’s just to name a few.

God damnit. Will you go read some literature on the subject before repeating the idiotic manufactured propaganda from the Bush campaign. Do we call Bush a flip-flop because he claimed he’d have a more humble foreign policy if elected in 2000, then started bombing the crap out of places a couple years in? NO. You know why? He adapted to the situation. That’s allowed. It’s wise to do so. Do you know any details about Kerry’s votes concerning that $85 billion package, or do you know nothing more than that 2 second soundclip of him saying that he voted for it then against it? Do you know his reasons? Have you bothered looking into it any further?

Do you believe the nonsense Miller was spouting (in the brief section I saw last week) about Kerry voting against those pieces of military equipment? Do you know if they were individual votes, or packaged in a single bill? Do you know if there was anything else attached to that bill?

Think a little.

I personally think that this country will go to shit regardless of who wins the election and I’m moving to canada as soon as I get the money.

and do I believe the nonsense Dennis Miller was spouting? of course I don’t. But I Think Both Candidates are weak, and that’s my point. You slammed me like I’m some sort of idiot who supports Bush. But that is Definitely not the case. I’d rather see John Kerry(whether he is or is not a flip-flop) than that sorry morose motherfucker Bush run another four years and in the process set back our country another 75 years. And knowing how the GOP works, it probably was packaged in one bill…and I apologize for that statement about Kerry being a flip-flop. that wasn’t well thought out(I think it was an attempt to sound anarchistic)…Maybe I don’t think John Kerry speaks out enough, but , Is the Country gonna change? I honestly think that even If John Kerry turns out to be a weak president if he’s elected, by doing absolutely nothing he’ll still have accomplished more than Bush. Bush is a moron, a liar, a thief, a cultural rapist, and a murderer, in addition to being horrible at speeches and spending. John Kerry is just the average underdog who needs to express his opinions more strongly. And by default, he’s got my vote. No, I don’t really care for John Kerry…but he’ll earn a thousand points in my book if he wins. And I’ll do my part to make that happen. And maybe by being non-expressive, John Kerry is possibly gonna surprise us all (who knows maybe he practices Teddy’s philosophy). The Bush administration is responsible for way too much wrongdoing. The Largest post-Depression National debt. The losses of 2 million jobs(including mine), the gouging on gas prices, and the alienation of fellow Republicans in even his closest circles. And the absolutely pointless war in the Middle east. Not to mention the nations highest unemployment rate in 50 years. Need I say more about what the sorriest president in my lifetime has done? This man is such a bad president he made Nixon look good. and his father. both of which were sorry motherfuckers. finito

Well someone has done a lot of slandering. I agree with RoguePaladinTrian think before you type. It’s one thing to just disagree and support someone else as president but calling someone a murderer, thief, cultural rapist, etc. with no proof is definately stupid. Also they were seperate bills in case you were wondering.

No Proof??? What about the war in the Middle East?? To me that’s Proof enough. With the war alone, Bush managed to murder, pillage, steal oil, and rape the entire Iraqi culture. Not to mention that I still have no idea how Bush spent the 85 billion dollars for Iraqi Freedom, sure as hell wasn’t for rebuilding Iraq(which means he’s a liar too). And we all knew he was a moron. He promised 6 million new jobs, and we’ve lost 2 million. Saddam may or may not be a bad man, but the Hussein regime did not have ties to bin Laden, nor did they have weapons of mass destruction. The Hussein Regime did commit crimes of humanity against their own people, but G-Dub wanted to make Daddy proud. That is why the war happened. Do you actually believe the propaganda that the Bush administration has put out. Or are you one of the many people that don’t see that you’re being lied to. Government Kills, Propaganda just makes it easier.
And being a minority myself(I am Asian-American, with Native American blood), I could never bring myself to support anything Bush has done. He has done nothing for any ethnic group here in the US besides alienate them. NOT MY PRESIDENT!!!

This man is such a bad president he made Nixon look good. and his father. both of which were sorry motherfuckers. finito

One little point: Nixon really wasn’t all that bad of a president. Yes he abused his powers, and yes he was way to paranoid, but as far as his performance in office, he was fairly decent. He was the one that opened China up for America.
As far as the first Bush goes, I can’t really defend him. Only thing I’ve ever seen concerning him was an snl skit a few years back.

Hah! The amount most people got back in the tax cuts was negligable.

-Promoting Comp/Flex Time.

Many people disagree that this is a good thing, since it replaces overtime, which many people are familiar with and like.

And I’d just put “This Thread Sucks” into a Google Image Search and posted the first thing it got.

I couldn’t agree more. As for this part relative to the rest of your post, I have no comment, but in a general sense, yes EVERYONE is stupid.

As for the word Mormish, that is a term use among some of my friends and I, ask a small tease towards one of our Morman friends. I am actually quite aware of LDS, and a lot about their customs and religious practice. I consider the Mormans that I know to be in a special category of friends, an extra good category. As for the Mormans at large, I must say that my respect for their faith is very strong. Of all the different religions that I know of, few so adamantly speak out against addiction of all forms, and drive us towards physiological purity. The only major religions that I can think of in the US that are more against dependancies have the word science in their names.

In conclusion, yes, I know its Morman, and no, I am in no way trying to be disrespectful.

[QUOTE=]

Why are pubic lice called “crabs”? (and it’s randomly become about crabs)[/QUOTE]

I guess my attempt to turn this thread into a rambling monstrosity about crabs was a failure, instead it turned into a political discussion.

It was 1:00 AM Ori, I was too tired to think of anything original. :stuck_out_tongue:

probably already posted… but i think it’s funny so posted it

http://www.jibjab.com/default.asp

I posted it, and got complained at for posting something already posted. Still funny, though.