I suppose it goes "can't defeat them, join them"

Yeah, you should get a job and get your own domain name :slight_smile:

Good post Obadiah- one thing:

I don’t see how it relates to the rest of the thread, other than the fact that it is talking about Christianity. :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyway- whats wrong with a Christian roleplaying game? If people have fun with it, I don’t think that its such a big fracking deal.

Probably cuz it encourages godmoding; no point in wielding a sword when you can simply smite the unbelievers with Super Jesus Power ©

lol X :stuck_out_tongue:

wow, that is the first thread I’ve seen with a religious post that hasn’t turned into a flamewar :wink: (
grammar? whuzzat? :moogle: )

I’ve seen the page you linked to, Zeta. WTF, a study of hell? That’s just a way to make weak people afraid of doing bad things.

I’ve seen the “evil rpg group” in that black chick thing too. It was ubber lame.

As for astrology, I don’t believe in it, but I don’t think it’s a sin. Besides, some ancient religions take it seriously, so christains should at least respect other cults’ beliefs and not call such things diablĂ©rie.

edit: check this out, which I got from that link saying “should a christain play D&D?” in the black chich page:

Today shelves in major bookstores literally groan under the weight of various of books on Wicca, for example. Some of these books, like TEEN WITCH, are written for young readers. There is even a DUMMIES GUIDE TO WICCA AND WITCHCRAFT!!

So, just because people are not christain, it means they are evil?

Originally posted by Ren
I’ve seen the page you linked to, Zeta. WTF, a study of hell? That’s just a way to make weak people afraid of doing bad things.
So, just because people are not christain, it means they are evil?

I dunno, I only saw the section of the ‘occult.’ It claimed that Pokemon, M:TG, Sailor Moon, etc., were occult. I even wrote a letter. If anyone wishes me to post it, I will.

Please do.

Okay, here.

Subject: Logos Reosurce Pages
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 11:59:51 -0400
To: logos@logosresourcepages.org

Dear Sir,

I honestly couldn’t belive your site. When my friend on a message board linked me to this, I thought it was a joke. Maybe it was. I found most of the things you said to be zealous, and incredibly ridiculous.

“Psychologists have warned that role-playing can cause the participant to actually experience, emotionally, the role being played. Again, “the child becomes the master.” Or so it seems to the player.”

While you say things such as this, you give no actual proof. Are there medical journals that you can show that prove this? It does not appear so.

"Mrs. DiNozzi refused to let her son participate in the “Magic club.” But a classmate gave him one of the magic cards, which he showed his mother. It was called “Soul exchange” and pictured spirits rising from graves. Like all the other cards in this ghastly game, it offered a morbid instruction: “Sacrifice a white creature.”

“What does ‘summon’ mean?” he asked his mother after school one day.

“Summon? Why do you ask?”

He told her that during recess on the playground the children would “summon” the forces on the cards they collect by raising sticks into the air and saying, “‘Spirits enter me.’ They call it ‘being possessed.’”"

This one is one of my personal favorites. This made me laugh quite a bit. As I play Magic: The Gathering, I find this funny, mainly due to the fact that the card “Soul Exchange” you talk about is not a card. And I cracked up at the sticks. I visualized that in my head for a second. Then I fell off my chair.

"2. Share your observations. Spark awareness in a young child with comments such as, “That monster looks mean!” or “That creature reminds me of a dragon,” along with “Did you know that in the Bible, serpents and dragons always represent Satan and evil?”

Quite subtle, there. Any small child will understand that.

“It seemed to us that these cards had some sort of power,” continued DiAnna Brannan. “Another nine-year-boy had stolen money from his mother’s purse ($7.00) to buy more cards. When questioned, he confessed and said he had heard the devil urging him to do it. The family quickly gathered in prayer, then saw God’s answer. Both the boy and his little sister burned their cards, warned their friends, and discovered the joy and freedom that only comes from following their Shepherd.”

do you really expect anyone who does not share your exact beliefs to believe this? I can understand how stealing money for anything is a ‘sin’, but the old quote; “The devil made me do it” just doesn’t cut it. I also don’t expect any 9-year old to understand most of this, as I have a sister of the same age.

When I was at the end of the page, I saw the most odd link, “How you can be sure you will get to Heaven.” WOW! I better follow all this, or it’s off to Hell for me! I’m not even going to bother with this one.

“Witches Do Not Believe In or Acknowledge The Devil/Satan” Well, neither do I. Does that make me a witch? You refuse to believe that any other religion could be right about anything. Wait, I know how you can prove it. You should know what I mean.

“GOTCHA! This is a reference to Isaiah 14 in the Bible where Lucifer is expelled from the presence of God and becomes the Devil or Satan! In fact, Isaiah 14:12 (KJV) is the only passage where Lucifer is mentioned in the entire Bible. Otherwise he is called the Devil, Satan, the Dragon, etc”

yeah, religions take ideas from one another. Where do you think the Old Testament is from? 3 guesses.

“Witches are not the wholesome, family oriented people they claim to be. Doreen Irvine, a practicing witch for many years, said, Many “witches were lesbians and homosexuals.” And she’s right. I have a poster, letter and application in my files for, as they called it, “FAGGOT WITCH CAMP.” The letter advertised the “second annual FAGGOT WITCH CAMP, August 26-30, 1991.” This event was held at Wyalusing State Park in Prairie du Chien, Wisconsin. According to the letter, “Our purpose in organizing this event is to gather with like-minded queer men and to explore our unique perspectives and experiences as faggot witches.” This queer event was even announced in the witch publication Circle Network News; Spring 1991.”

What a surprise, we’ve gotten to the sexuality insults.

“Then there was the case of an Ohio witch who ended up in court. A 15 year old girl “was selected as high priestess of the cult” and he initiated her and several other teenage girls in a perverse way. The news article states, “There were candles, seances, rituals. They would have to be naked and have sex with him in order to get involved with the magic.” The witch leader was charged with three counts of second degree sexual assault of a child, and two counts of sexual intercourse with a child aged 16 or older. Again, witches lie when they say they are wholesome. Sexual perversion is never wholesome!”

I’m not sure whether this is true or not, but I gotta say, I love you making opinions based off just a couple of people. There have been many incidents in which policemen have ‘accidentally’ killed innocents. However, I don’t think I see anybody condemning people as evil, except the families.

“In 1991, I published a 30 page research report entitled, “The Dark Side of Halloween.” In the book I quoted a former witch who said, “Sadism was practiced frequently
” Several years back I brought this up on a national talk show. When I said this, two witches who worshipped Dagon were sitting on one side of me and a vampire on the other. The audience was peppered with witches. As soon as the words were out of my mouth there was a hot protest from the witches. In fact, since the show was not live, the witches put so much pressure on the producers that they edited out my words! They did not want the public to know about their sadistic practices. While not all witches engage in such perversions, there is a large constituency that do.”

Maybe they just dislike people insulting their religion? Maybe?

“Historically, human sacrifice has been associated with witchcraft. Anyone who is intellectually honest will admit that.”

I can admit it is usually associated, but there has been human sacrifice in the Bible. I can’t quote it exactly, because I don’t have a Bible in front of me, but in Genesis, God asks Abraham to kill Isaac in his name, and Abraham is willing. Does this make him a witch?

“Witches desperately want public acceptance! As you have seen, many will lie in an effort to get it. A massive nation wide disinformation campaign has been mounted to convince people that their beliefs and practices are normal and acceptable. This report has been prepared to unmask just a few of their Deceptive Schemes, Old Tricks & Dirty Lies.”

Yes, they do these campaigns because of people like you who influence people into thinking they are evil, when not all of them are.

I’m not sure why, but I kept reading on. I found this hilarious. A zealot saying ten times in ten different ways, “Christianism is good! All else is bad!” Anyway

I saw “The Martial Arts.” While I understand it could be condemned for being violent, I can’t say I expected to find anything about it being evil, though from this site, I should’ve. This doesn’t deserve any comments.

I decided to go back to the M:TG parts.

“In 1993, when I walked into the convention hall
”

If these products are so evil, why were you there?

“The company cannot keep up with the demand for the cards. There is such a demand for the cards that they are bought, sold, traded and even auctioned over the InterNet. Now, lest you think we are talking pennies, I have seen bids on cards from $50 to $100. I have heard report of cards bringing $200 and more. For $1500 you can buy the Unlimited Series set and for $1000 the Legends series. Need I say more?”

Um, yes. What’s the problem? It is basically the same things as baseball cards. Unless baseball is ‘occult.’

“After reading two books about the game, watching the game being played, reading numerous news articles and reading scores of Internet E-Mail messages on the game, there is no doubt in my mind that Magic cards promote the occult and violence.”

Perhaps in your mind, but you do not allow other peoples opinions, or claims, or anything opposing your beliefs.

I doubt this letter will ever be noted, because it disagrees with you, which, I suppose, makes it ‘occult.’

One last thing, I’m an atheist, does that mean I have a predecided one-way ticket to hell?

And that’s about it.

You, sir, are the Pretty Damn Good Man of the Week.

gives Zeta his award

Originally posted by Phoenix Valkyrie
[b]You, sir, are the Pretty Damn Good Man of the Week.

gives Zeta his award [/b]

BOOYAKA!

Wow. Awesome letter. I wrote a similar one to Mothers against video game violence and addiction several months ago. Letters from people who point out the flaws in such an organization rarely get coverage, usually they go down on the site as " And we’ve received a lot of emails from angry people, most of which are video games, thus giving us proof of why we need to exist" and that shit. I’m religious but that whole “witches are evil and they’re all lesbians” is obviously bull, I know a lot of witches and they’re more associated with nature, than anything, something that makes me mad when I read stuff like that. But yeah, cool, outspoken and honest letter!:smiley:

yeah, I wrote that about a month ago, a month after someone on LoDU (ewjdg.proboards13.com) linked me to the M:TG article.

Gotten a reply?

no. It was funny, I mispelled the address twice. It took Mailer Daemon a week and a half to tell me, though, lol.

finishes reading the letter Dude, I love you! gives Zeta a magic deck and lots of chocolate in a basket

Unfortunately, they’ll use those lies to get all the weak-minded morons they can to follow them. Only a debased person would believe that possession thing in M:TG. And still, they keep spreading like bugs.

Freddom of religion is guaranteed by the constitution, but I think as soon as some religious leaders starting spreading lies like those, they should be put under arrest and condemned to be commie girls in a prison.

I didn’t think anybody would care to read my letter
much less like it. Yup, I can be serious. When I originally posted this at LoDU, it invoked a huge debate, but soon, the admin banned topics involving religion, so it got closed. Then, after a hacker hit the forums, the forum it was in got deleted, or I’d link that page.
This guy really pissed me off though. He has articles such as, “How to be sure you are getting into heaven” or “A letter to Witches”(a letter on how witches are evil sinners, and how he has ‘relatives’ who are witches, and have bad luck.).

All things related to “what is hell like” and “how to get to heaven” make people become drones without thw free will that they God gave to humanity.

I once saw a site where they said: “during 1000 thousand years, the church ruled over the world. It was a time if peace and rejoice, where sin was kept away from men by simply burning all books that contained things contrary to the bible.”

It was rather a time of war and far more chaotic than what it is today. And there was no freedom of speech.

Umm, Zeta, you do realize that MAVAV was a hoax, right?

I agree with Ob. I’m a “Christian” by birth only. I know I can’t really say crap about anything because I’m only supposed to be a christian. I don’t go to church. I don’t pray. Heck I don’t even believe in God but I go to a catholic school and take religion courses anyways why because My parents are catholics.

Originally posted by MegamanX2K
Umm, Zeta, you do realize that MAVAV was a hoax, right?

What’s MAVAV?