I need a new anime

Originally posted by Evangelion
They does indeed sound interesting. I am now tempted to check both the book and anime out.

Warning: NevereverEVER read Lord of the Flies right before going to bed. Never.

FLCL :DDD:D:DDD

And you might wanna check out Chrno Crusade, Da Capo and if you want a romance anime, watch Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien.

Anyway, I can only agree with Nulani on Kare Kano, it’s really good, but then again… Kare ano has got a LOT of SD scenes and experiments a lot with things like animation… Though I think it will be enjoyable anyway.

watch Full Metal Panic~ there’re mechs and shit like that in it but its also got romance~

Violinist of Hamelin.

The VoH anime has a very dramatic storyline, involing a (sort of) platonic love relationship, it involves a bit of dark stuff, I really suggest you to watch it… It’s just… great.

The manga and the VoH movie are parodies, they have a silly storyline, and really fuck up with the character’s personalities. For example:

Hameln, originally a timid, and confused demon, who wants to discover his true identify, is morphed into an stereotypical anti-hero in the manga. (think Lina Inverse)

If you’re looking for action and romance in perfect balance, you should watch Inuyasha. It’s the best anime I’ve seen so far!

I dunno i watched an AMV of Inuyasha before and the animation didn’t appeal to me at all. I’m usually into fairly realistic (as realistic as anime can get, mind you :P) animation and Inuyasha didn’t appeal to me in that sense.

I know, I’m a picky little girl. -_-;;

I’m taking most of these into consideration though, the ones I checked out and whatnot, so thanks anyways for people that replied (and feel free to suggest more)

Um… have you tried Gundam Wing? I think that’s pretty good.

Anything involving Mecha is not my thing.

But… but… Zechs ;_;

And I agree with you about IY. It’s good for a younger audience but it really doesn’t make the cut when it comes to comparing with the big boys like NGE and CB.

Not that movies directed at young audiences are bad (Spirited Away was great) but IY really isn’t executed in a way that appeals to older people like SA was.

Yeah, that’s what I should have said. I like dark and mature anime, I can’t stand any small and cute shit.

Why not Samurai Deeper Kyo,of course i never seen it myself so i dont know if there is a romance but for what i seen it has the rest of what you wanted so try experimenting.

And again i sugest Nightwalker.

Ooh yes I remember that one…I rented Kyo and never got around to watching it, but it seemed great from what I read about it.:cool:

Wow Im getting reminded of all the stuff I meant to check out before

I am a big fan of the berserk series. Also I can’t stress the Initial D series enough. I am not into street racing, but the series is great. No mecha. No super powers. “Real” people, and personal chalenges. There is also a depressing love story. Like a soap opera on the street.