I like...swords?

Originally posted by lord-of-shadow

that looks just as familiar as this one:

Same site.

I got a bamboo quarterstaff and a halberd. Cost me a lot, but it was worth it. ^^

I thought you didn’t have a Halberd, Val.

Oh, and I’ve got a Bo Staff, a pair of Sais, and saving up for a good old one of these.

Bah, Cloud and Squall can suck it. What I really want is a Frostmourne (probably not to scale, cuz that might be too big).

I inheirited a bowie knife in some sort of leather belt sheath, and another weird curved knife with a wooden sheath. I also have a very rusty short sword/bayonet, it’s shaped like a sword but has a hole near the handle where it can be attached to a gun.

One of my friends brother had a massive collection of swords, they were just hanging all over his room. All shapes and sizes, even a giant claymore we called “The Braveheart sword”.

Nope, I don’t own a weapon and I don’t really plan too.

Originally posted by Xelopheris
[b]I thought you didn’t have a Halberd, Val.

Oh, and I’ve got a Bo Staff, a pair of Sais, and saving up for a good old one of these. [/b]

Yeah, I didn’t, but then I decided, “hey, why DON’T I have one?”, so I went online, and spent $300 on a halberd. And then I conquered New York State in the name of the Netherlands.

True story, except for the netherlands part.

Val, come on down to HF-L and I’ll show you just who ownz Upstate New York. Yeah. My double Moon Glaive style will rock your world, and possibly several other worlds in nearby systems.

Well, I have a hunting spear used by some tribes member in Kenya. It’s nice decoration but very delicate, I think I’d only get a sword or other old fasioned wepon for artistic use.

I forgot to mention I own a Victorinox. Also, since other weapons started counting, I have a Bo.

I do not own any replica weapons. I considered buying a bastard sword at one time, but in the end I decided that I should rather spend my money on more useful things.

Furthermore, I am very suspicious of replica swords; some old friends of mine, who were active members of the S.C.A. (Society for Creative Anachronism) were complaining about the fact that many of those swords were of poor craftsmanship.

Well, personally, I’d love to make my own Longsword. The only thing is, those things are only worth the time and resources if they’re properly made.

Originally posted by Sir Percival

Furthermore, I am very suspicious of replica swords; some old friends of mine, who were active members of the S.C.A. (Society for Creative Anachronism) were complaining about the fact that many of those swords were of poor craftsmanship.

That’s why they are called ‘replicas’ and not ‘real’. A real sword is made to last, I suppose. Specially with nowadays technology, which can make swords that cut stones.

Originally posted by Ren
That’s why they are called ‘replicas’ and not ‘real’. A real sword is made to last, I suppose. Specially with nowadays technology, which can make swords that cut stones.

Good replica swords, peace-bonded or not, are supposed to be forged like real swords. They were complaining about poorly-forged replica peace-bonded swords: the quality of the metal and the design were poor, not the cutting power, they said.

And a real sword is only going to last for a significant length of time if it is stainless steel. Otherwise, it needs to be tempered regularly.

Originally posted by Sir Percival
[b]Good replica swords, peace-bonded or not, are supposed to be forged like real swords. They were complaining about poorly-forged replica peace-bonded swords: the quality of the metal and the design were poor, not the cutting power, they said.

And a real sword is only going to last for a significant length of time if it is stainless steel. Otherwise, it needs to be tempered regularly. [/b]

If they are forged like real swords, aren’t they real too?

I mean, if it’s been forged and it cuts, it’s a real sword.

I own quite a large collection of knives and daggers of various sorts. Around 190-210 total, including about 20 I’ve sold.

My favorite is the large blade you strap onto your wrist and you make a fist and you stab.

Originally posted by Cala
[b]I own quite a large collection of knives and daggers of various sorts. Around 190-210 total, including about 20 I’ve sold.

My favorite is the large blade you strap onto your wrist and you make a fist and you stab. [/b]

I like a ninja version of this one that goes in the shoe.

I have a mail-opener that looks like a fencing sword, and my dad has a machete from Mexico with an eagle on the hilt and a quote on the blade (don’t ask.)

There’s this one little shop that sells imported stuff, and they had a REALLY nice Scottish Claymore for sale for like, $70, and an LotR Sting replica. This place also has a 10-foot tall replica of a full suit of armor, which automatically makes it the coolest store in town. :slight_smile:

Originally posted by MegamanX2K
Bah, Cloud and Squall can suck it. What I really want is a Frostmourne (probably not to scale, cuz that might be too big).

Bah, It’d only be worth it if it had the mist coming out of the eye sockets :wink:

My best friend has a pair of sword in their sheaths (spelling?) on his wall fo decoration. I’m not sure where he got them though. I can’t help but snicker every time I see or hear eBay. I recently got Weird Al’s newest CD called Poodle Hat and he’s got a song on there that takes the Backstreet Boy song, “I Want It That Way”, and turns it into a song called “eBay”. It’s quite funny if you ask me.