I like...swords?

Does anyone here own any real life swords/large knives/polearms/stuff like that? I bought a pair of miniature moon glaives off of EBay…nice stuff. Also, a Mortal Kombat Hibben (bigass knife).

You could buy the cheap, plastic swords my little brother buys from Toys’R’Us.

Or just use search on Google for sword, I guess.

I love swords and I haven’t gotten any from ebay yet. People got me thinking after the last thread I made. However, there are a few things that seem interesting on ebay.

No, saddly I don’t have a real sword. BUt I got to handle one and swing it! :smiley: It was pretty cool…

For some time, I’ve been considering the possibility of making one.

My parents gave me an axe and a forest knife when I turned ten. Does that count? ^^;;
(I was in the scouts, that’s why. Never used 'em. I have no idea where they are now…)

I wanna buy one from this shop near where I live…all I need is about £250…wails

I have the opporitunity to use any katana that my boyfriend has… he has 15 o.O.He’s even suggested buying me a naginata. Swords are excellent weapons.

EDIT: Yes, LS they can be very expensive depending on who made them and such. I guess they’re worth it for sparring.

Currently I would really like a sword, hopefuly a katana, but I would be happy with any, as long as it was really.

On another note a buddy of mine has offered me a Kriss Sword, for 25 quid, but he has yet to actually get any himself, so I can’t buy what he ain’t got. But as soon as he gets them he said he’d give me a call!!:moogle:

My family has had some swords, but nowaday we don’t keep any. I have two real big daggers my father inherited from my grandfather, though. On is made of silver and has some drawings in the blade depicting an old local legend. The other is a miniature of a saber and the outer layer of the handle is golden.

I have a scroll (not legit, but contains the most accurate data) with the instructions for the crafting of damascus steel blades. Since my father has already worked with some kinds of smithery & tool building, I’m thinking of convincing him into joining me in my quest to craft my own damascus steel sword.

Swords are nice and all, but with assault rifles becoming legal in the US again in 2004, I’d take an M-16 over a katana any day.

Originally posted by Green Mage
Swords are nice and all, but with assault rifles becoming legal in the US again in 2004, I’d take an M-16 over a katana any day.

Eek! I like swords for their beauty, not for that use!

Yeah, swords are more of an art nowadays rather than weapons.

Yeah same here. Although I choose a gun in life and death matters, swords are quite beautiful in their designs and purposes.I love watching two people sword fight, it’s extremely mesmerizing and quite deadly. Yes, I think swords are cool ^^

Originally posted by Evangelion
I love watching two people sword fight, it’s extremely mesmerizing and quite deadly. Yes, I think swords are cool ^^

I agree with the last part, but why do you think it’s mesmerizing and deadly? Swordfight is just like oriental Martial Arts, they follow a pattern… And for deadliness, unless the duelists are stupid or suicidal, they’ll wear some armor.

Edit: I’m surprised no Freudian posts have been made here so far.

Well… not necessatily REAL swords, but I make at least one of them swords myself during RPG cons…

Of course, I’d love to have one hanging from a wall… (and occasionally, I’d take it down and kill a few invisible enemies…)

(“Course removed. own topic gotten”)

Ooh, legal in 2004? What was that gun that was in my sig a long time ago…Alliance something or other…

Anyway, I think my mini moon glaives were like 30 bucks.

Originally posted by Ren
I agree with the last part, but why do you think it’s mesmerizing and deadly? Swordfight is just like oriental Martial Arts, they follow a pattern… And for deadliness, unless the duelists are stupid or suicidal, they’ll wear some armor.

Well, it’s just the thrill of it all.Practiced sword fights like Crouching Tiger or that one chick in Shanghai Knights…I could watch stuff like that for hours, on the edge of my seat wondering if they’d mess up or not. i think it’s mesmerizing because part of me wishes I could do stuff like that, and I have the utmost respect for swordsmen (or women). And usually when people sword fight for fun, they don’t wear armor…well I know some that don’t, it helps them get better and makes them more aware of what could happen if they slip up. Good stuff.

I own a long sword, and katana, and a cavalry sword.

If you like swords, you’d like this site:

http://www.bladeclub.com/index.html?ID=00a0bd97e396f8c32374c68910b52725&ITEM=PRODUCTS

Some of their swords are real cheap too.

Look what they’re selling!

:slight_smile:

I prefer this one, however"