I learned something this week.

And it is that retro games rock so very much.

During my week of internet-lessness GODDAMNED WINDOWS 98! I was reduced to playing through everything on my Snes and Gens emulator. So far I’ve completed;

Lufia 2
Super Mario RPG
FF 6
Super Mario All Stars
Some weird-ass DBZ games
Sonic 1, 2, 3, and Knuckles (with all emeralds)

And am currently playing through SD3 again with Lise, Kevin and Carlie, the characters I didn’t use the last time, and Phantasy Star 4 (at last).

But damn these games rock. Everyone must set aside some part of their life to playing through old games. Like, right now. Why are you still reading this? Go!

As a sidenote
a) Didja miss me?
b) I got WinXP!
and
c) It’s got a file system like a labyrinth, only without David Bowie. 0_o

Hello, Pierson. I am a sandwich.

I have been waiting for you.

Yes, emulators are most cool. If only my N64 one worked better.

I did, all of them and they DO rock. Besides, how can you say your life is complete if haven’t seen the worst of Ted Woosley’s marvelous translations?

Emulators r0xx0r. If I had a nickle for every RPG that I downloaded that I needed to get around to completed…

Well, I’d have a metric assload of nickles.

Oh, and I got WinXP recently myself. :slight_smile:

Sing-songly

Meeeemmmorrriiieesss!

Yesh you were mished and yup thoshe gamesh rock very much-o :slight_smile:

sniff I feel so accepted.

Although that may not be an encouraging thing… 0_o

Heh at my network admin job i was soo bored i did the same thing. I played through:

Secret of mana I and II
Final Fantasy I and VI
Super Metroid
Mega man 2 and 3

And a few others heh

Yep, them there games rock. Oh, and I reckon I should be welcoming ya back.

No arguing with you there… but 16-bit emulators? :noway: get a NES or a master system emulator and the original Zeldas, Marios, Sonics, Alex Kidds and Wonderboy 3. Now THAT’s retro :hahaha; however, where I work, it’s usually the GBA emulators that get the biggest run-out (I think I posted something recently about my mate’s game of T-A going belly up big time…)

oh, and completing sonic 3 & knuckles with all emeralds? big deal. Try completing it without any emeralds, now THAT’s a challenge. :mwahaha:

Very soon I bet I will get the “urge” to start up Lufia 2 again. Later on SuperMRPG too. Love those games.

I have yet to complete SD3…it’s my first time playing it and ding ding ding I also chose Lise Kevin and Carlie. Though I miss the boss battle music from SoM…:too bad;

What do you think I use my lunchbreak to, eat?

And Windows XP is terrible, replace it with Windows 2000.

Yes those games rock.

And welcome back Pierson.

It is too late, for I am doomed.

And SoM has the best boss music in existence, even better than FFVII’s one.

Originally posted by Pierson
b) I got WinXP!
and
c) It’s got a file system like a labyrinth, only without David Bowie. 0_o

… Welcome to the painful world of XP… And know that there’s always things such as Linux if you change your mind. :wink:

Welcome back man, and I agree - Those games kicks ass. :smiley:

[b]It is too late, for I am doomed.

And SoM has the best boss music in existence, even better than FFVII’s one. [/b]

Oooh I dunno about that…hmm that requires good thinking actually.

Think we got a showdown, Pierson.

Or another poll…

[b]\

And SoM has the best boss music in existence, even better than FFVII’s one. [/b]

NO!!! FFVII’Z IZ BETTA CUZ IT GOT SEPHIROTH!!!11!!!111one

AND CLOUD GOTZ A BIG SWORD.

OMFG U R RIHT HIZ SOWRD IS HYOOG!

I stand by my statement.:enguard: