I just wet myself in excitement

Warhammer 40k MMO in development!

If it’s as badass, violent, and action-packed as the Dawn of War games, I’m there. This is one of my favorite IPs in all of Fantasy Land. Plus there’s so much friggn’ content and races.

FOR THE EMPEROR!

No offence or anything… but are you retarded? Because only a retard can be this slow.

I think TD has made innumerous posts on this subject. The Search tool is your friend.

And yes, it is very exciting, ect ect hopefully better than WoW ect ect. I think that sums up most of the feelings people are having right now.

:kissy:

TD posts about Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning, which takes place in the rather uninteresting Warhammer fantasy universe.

I’m posting about a Warhammer 40k MMO, ya know with Space Marines, Chaos Marines, and Eldar.

Who’s the retard again?

You, still. :3 Although I must admit I should have kept reading to the part where the artical said “DO NOT CONFUSE WITH THE WARHAMMER WHICH IS ALREADY IN PRODUCTION”. Oh well, my point still stands.

:kissy:

Come on guys, knock it off.

Man, fuck this, rewriting this post instead of editing it AGAIN.

This can be really awesome. However, the people working on it are either noobs or suck, and because of the uber-xenophobic, non-escapist nature of 40k being pretty much opposed to standard MMO “You’re the hero!” bullshit, this will be hard. The best way to go about this is probably some sort of Squad-Based MMO, or a very limited setting like Inquisitor, or some variation on EvE or Planetside, or whatever, but I highly doubt this will happen. As a traditional MMO it will suck absolute shit, either being fun and not being 40k at all, or being shit and having Space Marines walking around raping everyone. Only to get mind-wiped after fighting Chaos. There are a myriad of problems with having multiple races, and individuals have no worth.

Seeing as how the devs on this aren’t exactly the people I’d trust with something as insanely complex as a 40k MMO, I’m highly skeptical. I’d rather have them use the license to make a KOTOR-esque game, really.

Maybe we’ll get lucky with a mediocre MMOFPS

Yeah, that’s really the best I see happening, honestly.

If they can make so many of those little plastic figurines for all these alleged races, I don’t see why they can’t make computer models for them. Anyway, I hope its successful, because one night last year I read all about WH40k on wikipedia and it sounded really intense. Cheers.

They did make computer figurines. It’s called Dawn of War.