I just one-upped 99.78% of the population

I’m sure you know from first hand (haha) experience.

Oh I’m sorry, usually when I see someone being as big of an arrogant asshole that would say somthing like “I’m better than 99.78% of the 7 billion people on this earth” I tend not to see past the egotism and assholery. And I usually try to say somthing discouraging to bring them back to earth. Considering being an eagle scout won’t get him anything in the real world. I don’t see what’s so great about it.

And also, arent boyscouts only in america? So even if you were one upping anyone, it would only be americans. In which case, who cares, cuz americans are all a bunch of fat slobs anyway. It’s like, I graduated from 3rd grade, I just one upped my dog.

Actually, Boy Scouts are in about 1 out of every 3 countries (roughly). On top of that, having Eagle Scout on your resume is a big bonus for any job - ask someone who’s job it is to hire folks. As for the egotism, it’s more of self-pride, considering it took me six years to work my up from the bottom. I think I’m entitled to some pride, don’t you?

Plus alot of the people who get involved in Scouting tend to be a) Jerks b) Idiots or c)(and this tends to be the most common) Idiotic Jerks.

And don’t get me started on the actual Scouts themselves. (though the ratio seems to be a bit lower in the Boys’ case)

Congrats, man. I sort of quit bothering with the rank aspect of the BS early on over philosophical differences and used the organization for camping trips only, but I know how much work goes into that thing. What sort of public project did you do?

I built a cubby system for a special education pre-school teacher and used some let over funds to get a new cd/cassette player for her classroom.

Congratulations TrkJac. ^^

Is eagle scout the highest ranking in the boy scouts?

Thanks, and yes, it’s the highest rank.

I used to go to school with someone with the same name as you.

No it isn’t. I’ve known people that have been eagle scouts for decades.

Alright, I’m tired of this. Everyone quit being a bitch or stop posting. It’s an achievement, and like any other difficult achievement it takes hard work and dedication, so stop being such assholes to him. If you don’t think he deserves any praise then don’t fucking say anything. Jesus tap-dancing Christ.

And this is me saying this as a mod warning, not just as distaste of all your attitudes.

I’m just posting to let you know that I’m in the 99.78% of the population that you one-upped! You totally got me!