I just have one little question.

Whatever happenend to all of the arcade brawlers? They just seemed to fade away. If you can’t tell i just got Capcom Classics Collection vol2. It has all of those old arcade brawlers. They are so fun but there’s none around anymore. Maybe it’s just the arcade near my house. But so far i haven’t found any.
:bowser:

Some like Virtua Fighter, Tekken, and Soul Calibur do get released as well as a Capcom fighter but these are the only games to really make an impact anymore since fighters and Arcades in general have fallen in popularity. FPS’s took over for a while but it seems like DDR has taken over these days. But fighters can still be found in some arcades.

Or were you taking about Beat’em Ups in which case I would have to say they went with the cassette tape. The most recent Brawler in that case would be God Hand and it was the first one in a long time and it may be the last one in a long time to come.

There’s Boost Mode in Guilty Gear Isuka … but the game is overall vaugely crap.

It has sort of evolved into the action RPG genre. Games like X-Men Legends and Marvel: Ultimate Alliance are the new brawlers. The redesign was needed since the games became repetitive and lost their appeal to most people.