I hope my dog dies tonight

I didn’t think Charl was joking when I read that…

And Nick: ok, I should have said ancient military

Twas no joke, its just the humaine thing to do. You run over a deer and you gonna leave it there? no, you snap its neck, theres no need for it to suffer. I thought more people would know that.

But I guess Vicki and Urk think an animal should spend hours if not weeks in pain, before dying.

Sorry to hear that, Frame. ;_;
It’s not too much of a surprise to me, as it hurts me to look at her whenever I go to your house. I hope you are able to do what it takes to end her suffering if she doesn’t die in her sleep.

I had my dog (also 16 and ailing) put down earlier this summer. It’s only as bad as you let it be. Quick tip: don’t bring the sappier of your family members with you.

Originally posted by Charlemagne
[b]Twas no joke, its just the humaine thing to do. You run over a deer and you gonna leave it there? no, you snap its neck, theres no need for it to suffer. I thought more people would know that.

But I guess Vicki and Urk think an animal should spend hours if not weeks in pain, before dying. [/b]

I can agree with that, but this is a bit different from a deer on the road. I’m not sure the full extent of whats going on with skippys dog, but perhaps theres a chance of the dog pulling through? If so, I think its good that they are letting things play out.

My dog lived to be 22, last 6 years were lived in pain, sure I coulda put it to sleep, but I thought it would just pull through, which it didn’t. Man, I hated that dog…

and no, there really is no difference, they’re both going to die, one just might take a couple more days. It should still not have to live those couple of days.

I’d say this is the funniest thread title yet.

Having pets put down is pretty sad, because you get so attached. I had to have 2 hamsters, and a rabbit put down, and that was horrible… but it had to be done.

Ehhh (I wondered too. “Does he hate his dong THAT much?”

But ultimately, you do waht you must.

Yanno, the irony is that doing this to a pet or another animal would be considered an act of mercy. Do it to a human in the same state and it’s murder, even if they wanted it so.

Originally posted by StarStorm
Yanno, the irony is that doing this to a pet or another animal would be considered an act of mercy. Do it to a human in the same state and it’s murder, even if they wanted it so.

Yeah. Unfortunately, it’s legal only in a minory of places. Ethics worldwide state that euthanasia is one of the worst things to do (I disagree).

Now for the part where it gets worse: same ethics and laws state in a lot of countries that it is ok to turn off any device that’s helping the person to stay alive. So if someone old is living with a breather, you can’t give him/her a lethal shot for a quick painless death, but you may turn the breather off and the person will agonize while afixiating in a very frightening scene.

Originally posted by StarStorm
Ehhh (I wondered too. “Does he hate his dong THAT much?”

Gold. Pure GOLD! XD

Originally posted by Gila-Monster
[b]I’d say this is the funniest thread title yet.

Having pets put down is pretty sad, because you get so attached. I had to have 2 hamsters, and a rabbit put down, and that was horrible… but it had to be done. [/b]
By “put down” you mean your dad put them in a trash bag then ran them over with the car 7 or 8 times. Right? my daddy did that too.

I hope that your dog will slip away peacefully, Frameskip. Can’t really add anything…

Originally posted by Charlemagne
By “put down” you mean your dad put them in a trash bag then ran them over with the car 7 or 8 times. Right? my daddy did that too.

No, that’s how we got rid of my grandmother. And my crazy uncle.

I remember how my dog died…He was old, could barely see, nor hear much anymore…

It was a normal day in 1991, I had just left for school, and had an uneventful day, upon returning home, I ask the question of “Where’s Fonzi?” to which I get the reply of “He got hit by a train, trying to follow you to school”

I miss my fonzi :frowning:

I loved my dog Buster, even though I hadn’t known him long (he was older than me) I loved him, in 1995 we put him down, he was killing himself he wouldn’t eat or drink, so we decided to put him down, I was only 6 too.

Originally posted by Frameskip
I’m surprised nobody mentioned they though that the thead was about hating my dog or something when they read the topic.

Well, that was the first thing I thought, but I quickly realized “oh wait, maybe he means it’s really old and broken down and suffering a lot.”

Hopefully she’ll go naturally (unless there’s somebody young and impressionable enough around the house that “finding the body” would fuck 'em up).

I to hope that your dog does die peacefully, having to put a pet down, is quite upsetting for most, especially if you truly love your pet.

Animals become part of the family after awhile, and it sucks to see them go…I hope you dont take it to hard…:too bad;

But I guess Vicki and Urk think an animal should spend hours if not weeks in pain, before dying.

Is this a joking thing again? I seriously hope not.

Kero - I’m so glad someone else noticed that!

We found her behind the garage this morning with one of our cats that she liked, she was still alive and couldn’t stand any more, so we had to take her to the vet and have her put down.:too bad;