I hate working with a bunch of Dropouts

Ok, before i start my real bitching, ill get few facts out of the way.

I work at Target, and as such, most of the main staff are drop outs from highschool, or people still in school…And the Managers are the dropouts that have climbed the Ranks.
So, as you can see by the collection of…less than smart people, things SUCK there. Its like people have been beaten with a hammer some times.

Anyways, back to the rant at hand.
I was called into work for 4 days after ‘school’ this week to help them move the cosmetics department to another part of the store.

So anyways, i was one of the three people to come in, and they gave us each a job to do, and we were to see them after the job was done. Things start off ‘OK’…meaning things go a bit slow to start off due to bag organisation and such, but things are going along smoothly. (Now, let me point out, they gave me one of the longest jobs to do to start off)

After settign everything up(Ie, Getting all the Shelves and eveything), which took longer than expected due to bag organisation again, i have to start moving the stock over over to the new area, and of course, due to bad organisation again, there is only a small amount in one place…this one kind of stock is in 5 different places out on the sales floor.

So off i go, doing as they tell me, collecting the stock from all the locations off the sales floor, and putting it in the new area…Then im informed to get some different kind of it (There are 8 kidns of this one kind of stock) from out in the storage area, Fair enough.

I head out the back to collect some of it. As expected, None of it is where they said it would be, let alone in the RIGHT area of the storage area (Cosmetics found in the easter Area? You explain that one shrugs) So i have to check everywhere out the back to find all this Shit. Just like its stock on the sales floor, its in 5 areas >_<

I eventually get all the stock out, and all the excess stock i have to put away…In one of the locations where i grabbed from the first place on the sales floor. Thus, I grabbed it all near the start, collected more of a different color, then returned the original amount to where i got it from. >_<

Anyways, The night is through, and al i ended up doing was this one LONG job, comparedtoe veryone else doing 2-4 little jobs. Fine, No problem there, Its a dirty job, but someones gotta do it.

I recieve a phone call earlier today…“Hey Jéson…It seems your work isnt up to par with everyone else…So im canceling your other 3 shifts…”

So, This large post, is really just a vent post…Because im REALLY pissed off…

Any comments welcome…By that, i of course mean “Bitch about them too please ^_^”

Edit: Just Fixed the image location

I feel for you man, that really does suck. While the majority of my co-workers are decent people, some of them are really… not up to par. I am yet to be yelled at for there mistakes although I have had to spend about 3 hours of my life fixing mistakes of theirs… about 70 times or so a month X(

I’m sure things will pick up Rud, but sounds like you just got dealt a lemon, it happens but there is nothing you can do about it.

I’d complain, you have every right to, don’t just sit there and bitch about it, go in and talk to your boss. If you have a solid arguement, they will usually listen.

Or you can get a new job :stuck_out_tongue:

Originally posted by Epicgamer
I’d complain, you have every right to, don’t just sit there and bitch about it, go in and talk to your boss. If you have a solid arguement, they will usually listen.

i agree, you should talk to your boss and see if you can get him/her to start treating you fairly. and if that doesn’t work…

Originally posted by Cless Alvein
…you can get a new job

I don’t know how the job market in Australia is, but getting a new job isn’t eactly the easiest thing to do really. I’d recommend going and talking to the boss as Epic suggested.

I’m a highschool dropout.

Exo you choose to be a high school dropout, instead of dealing with things in an intelligent way; besides you can still get your ged or something.
Rudy, that just sucks, gives ya a white mages mallet have fun ^ _ ^ oh and i’d like that mallet back sometime. Yeah I’d try talking with your boss, but if they don’t listen either just keep in mind your’e doing the best you can while they screw you or quit.

My brother worked at a grocery store for about 2 to 3 years, while they constantly said his attitude and work wernt great, but mainly the bosses were asses and didn’t like his choice of girlfriend at the time. He even came in extra hours if help was needed, and sometimes they didn’t put the money earned in his paycheck. The last straw for him was one boss saying that he would get a higer job, but instead they fill it with some elder person that didn’t know crap. Though all of this stuff i’ve heard through him, i think my brother can be a good worker. And thats all the useless info from me at this time ;p

Have fun finding a decent job later Exo. People don’t like hiring people in high school for good paying jobs- let alone people who didn’t finish it.

I think that my belly is trying to tell me something. Each time I read the title, I kept reading “I hate working with doughnuts.” Strange thing is, I’m not deprived of them since I can have them every morning.

As a dropout (I have my GED) It can be hard to get a decent job really. But what can you do? You can’t choose your coworkers really. But if you need to look for another job, look for one, as then quit once it’s set.

Originally posted by GunsmokeMist
[b]Exo you choose to be a high school dropout, instead of dealing with things in an intelligent way; besides you can still get your ged or something.
Rudy, that just sucks, gives ya a white mages mallet have fun ^ _ ^ oh and i’d like that mallet back sometime. Yeah I’d try talking with your boss, but if they don’t listen either just keep in mind your’e doing the best you can while they screw you or quit.

My brother worked at a grocery store for about 2 to 3 years, while they constantly said his attitude and work wernt great, but mainly the bosses were asses and didn’t like his choice of girlfriend at the time. He even came in extra hours if help was needed, and sometimes they didn’t put the money earned in his paycheck. The last straw for him was one boss saying that he would get a higer job, but instead they fill it with some elder person that didn’t know crap. Though all of this stuff i’ve heard through him, i think my brother can be a good worker. And thats all the useless info from me at this time ;p [/b]

I’m planning on getting my GED next year, right now im focusing on just getting a job.

Have fun finding a decent job later Exo. People don’t like hiring people in high school for good paying jobs- let alone people who didn’t finish it.

Once I turn 18, I’m going to New York City, or California to persue my painting career… It’s a tuff thing to do. Even if I would have finished High School, this career would still have been equally hard. It’s just the fact that you live off people buying your paintings so… Yeah…

Honestly, Rud, you shouldn’t have to stand for that… complain to someone, anyone, you’re taking shit that you don’t have to.

what else might cause them to think your work ethics aren’t up to snuff?

Wow, Didnt know i’d get such a large response.

Ok, As for Complaining to boss: He is worse in that area than the manager i was working with last night. When i work with him, He expects the 15 minute jobs done in 5, and thats before factoring in the fact that i need to help customers too :s

And as for getting a new job: Well as Kaggy said “getting a new job isn’t eactly the easiest thing to do really”. And im not really ready to leave. I dont normally work on the sales floor, as im ussually up on registers, and they give me decent hours, (Only problem is when they put me on every monday, when i have told them that i need to go to school then…but thats easily sorted out.)

Well…Nearly always decent hours…Its annoying working with the “Housewives -> Part Time job” Women…All they do is stand around, and bitch at each other about someone that isnt in today, customer comes up, they continue talking for a while longer, then serve the customer…or if they are not done talking “Jéson, Why arnt you serving this customer instead of just standing around!” thud And there i am, Fixing other things at the registers, all they do is talk, while im doing real work, and the old ladies want me to do their jobs for them. At Least they have no effect on my job hours, since they are nobodies :smiley:

Oh, In case i have offended anyone in my previous post; When i say drop outs, im not meaning all dropouts. I just talking about the people at my work, who i have labeled as ‘The drop outs,’ since they left school early, and still havent ‘matured’. For example; Some still have the “Im always right, no matter how many people say otherwise” attitude.

Btw GSM, I dont need a Mallet…I got soemthing a bit better.
:slight_smile:

Well, thats enough Ranting for now…Time to get some sleep…Erm, I mean…Go to school.

I have only one thing to say: your colleagues in your work are 'Dilbert’s strips’ese.

Originally posted by Infonick
I think that my belly is trying to tell me something. Each time I read the title, I kept reading “I hate working with doughnuts.” Strange thing is, I’m not deprived of them since I can have them every morning.

Scary…that’s what I keep seeing too. o_O

Likewise o_o… Disturbing.

pokes tongue out at cala

Each time I read the title, I kept reading "I hate working with doughnuts

That was my EXACT thought when I scrolled down…nice to see I’m not alone in some things.