I got the last First Post Thread!

I’m all about cutness as long as no one talks about that horrible yellow rat.

Remember when this thread was actually about homework? 'cause I sure don’t :stuck_out_tongue:

Originally posted by Cless Alvein
Remember when this thread was actually about homework? 'cause I sure don’t :stuck_out_tongue:

Was it ever, seriously?

Okay heals Val there you go :slight_smile:

As for homework… well then, here’s something.

You’re the captain of a trading ship in the year 1579. Onboard are 19 sailors, 1 medic, 1 cook and 3 passengers. The ship is heading for Dover with 10 barrels of beer, 25 sacks of flour, 6 horses and 12 loads of rope.
Estimated arrival is in 2 days, and the waves are currently reaching 1 foot of height around the ship. Now, the question is, how old is the captain?

By now he would be DEAD!

Seriously I would say that if the waves were 1 foot high, and the ship was 2 days from arrival, he would be FEMALE 42

Ah, but you forogt to factor in the six horses! So, by my calculations, he would be… eight weeks old!

Right I forgot that detail, yaknow I’m always doing that.:moogle:

I’m waiting with the answer (and trying to figure out if you really solved it but are making fun of it :o)

pushes a few buttons in a console

Space-Time Coordinates Set!
Back in a second!

vanishes in a flash

Goes back in time and uses Mind Read on the captain

Well, if we’re countig the time he’s spent dead, then I’d say he’s anywhere from 439-500 years old.

He is 423 + X years old, where X is equal to his age when he started this journey in 1579. Or at least his remains are (it’s very likely that he has died at some point).

Or 424 + X. It depends on when in the year his birthday falls on the calendar in relation to the day he started his journey.

Are you guys ready for the answer? :slight_smile:

OK then so what is it?

OR have you yet to work it out, and were just hoping someone would guess with an accurate sounding answer?

Well, the answer depends on who’s replying. If I do, it’s 20. If Val does, it’s 15. If Frame does, it’s 18.
Read the FIRST sentence of the question, more precisely the first word. Isn’t it funny how facts can mislead? :slight_smile:

If a tree falls in the middle of the forest, and no one is there to watch, what color is it?

Weiila you’re a little sneak, you know that right?

Originally posted by Manus Dei
If a tree falls in the middle of the forest, and no one is there to watch, what color is it?

I’ve heard this somewhere before, YES! The answer, it’s coming to me, it’s almost here, yes that it’s. It’s… Er… what was the question again

Yeah, I know. The math teach giving me that question loved that kind of stuff… :slight_smile:

Manus: Is it spring, summer, autumn or winter? Hmmmm?

Ignore the season. Focus on the color. If it falls, and nobody is watching, what color is it?

Weiila, you sneaky bitch, a salute you! salutes mommy

And yes, it does.

Do you give up, Weiila?