I got my first Credit Card!

Happy Happy Happy Happy Joy Joy Joy!!! :yipee: :yipee: :yipee:

Now I want to use it, so like, lemme see… How are the prices on PS2 on Ebay? And, like, how can I make sure I don’t buy a boken one thinking it’s an ok one?

Remember: a credit card isn’t free money.

I know. The good thing here is that now I can buy things form internet, which I couldn’t before.

Don’t they have debit cards where you’re from, Ren? <.< Would’ve made it possible for you to buy stuff off the net…

Credit cards are very nice though, if you don’t abuse them. It’s given me a good amount of security… and since I made all the payments on time, my limit’s been steadily increasing for a year…

Anyway, I haven’t looked at the prices for the ps2 on ebay… and I guess you can never tell for sure if it’s “broken.” You can e-mail the guy before you bid and get some assurances, but that’s about it. If the guy has a high rating (no negatives) it’s more likely that there’ll be either no problems or the person’ll be willing to take the ps2 back and return your money. Personally, I’ve never had any problems with ebay, and that’s where I bought my gba sp and tons of other stuff.

We have debt cards, but I never put much effort into getting anything of the sort. My credit card was kinda offered to me. I got myself in an University and in my first day there were a lot of girls from [edit: Credicard] offering the students the oportunity to have ‘college student’ cards. It’s like a regular credit card, just with tons of bonuses attached to it. Mine is an International MasterCard.

I want a credit card…but I’d be too irresponsible with it :stuck_out_tongue:

waits a few weeks for an “I hate my first credit card!!!” thread

Originally posted by Evangelion
I want a credit card…but I’d be too irresponsible with it :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, it would be WAY too tempting to use it needlessly. Then again, if it’s absolutely NECESSARY, then the card can be useful.

Yeah I’d be in debt faster than I could buy out the store.

~Ren~ will yooou buy ~me~ something with your new ~credit card~?

Tell me the number, I need to pay for a speeding ticket.

Originally posted by Evangelion
[b]Yeah I’d be in debt faster than I could buy out the store.

~Ren~ will yooou buy ~me~ something with your new ~credit card~? [/b]

I will buy you a ton of chocolate ^^

Steve: I don’t think it’ll be opened. I’ve already used credit cards before (my parents’, with their permission), I know all the laws and rules and I’m the most responsible person at my age in a 500 miles radius. I only use the card when I have the same amount I want to use in cash at home as a backup.

That’s what both my parents said, more or less :stuck_out_tongue:

I have a VISA. HoHoHo.

Now, if I just had some money on my VISA.

Just make sure that:

A) You don’t spend more money than you actually have.

B) You pay off all your charges IN FULL at the end of the month (hence avoiding the interest charges).

I try to think of it as working just like a checking account: You don’t wanna bounce checks, right? Make sure that money is there before you spend it.

Sounds rather straightforward and obvious, but then, if it were, they wouldn’t be so many hundreds of thousands of people in debt-trap hell these days.

Wow, Kaiser, following those common sense rules made me one of the few people I knew in college that wasn’t in money trouble. It’s funny how a lot of other people don’t see things that way.

Now, I’m not as stretched as others because I didn’t have loans.

I just got a credit card a few weeks ago. It’s got a $200 limit. Oh yeah. Not like I ever buy anything anyway.

I don’t get it, if you already have the money to buy it, why do you need a credit card?

It’s the American Way to get fucked over by our own stupid mistakes, that’s why! :smiley:

Originally posted by Gila-Monster
I don’t get it, if you already have the money to buy it, why do you need a credit card?

Because here in America, mugging is the unofficial national sport. :smiley: Carrying a bunch of cold hard cash isn’t always pratical, or wise…

Yeah, nobody cares.