I got it

In this now, quite solemnly desolate if not enjoyable alcove of the internet, I’m going to go ahead and proclaim the fact that I got my AA degree in the space of a year. I didn’t get much time to rejoice - I started college the day after high school graduation, took Maymester classes, squashed science classes into one summer, and generally had no life or outside connections for the most part. I only had three days to enjoy it before starting my time at the university, so I didn’t have time to celebrate.

I don’t really see the point of talking about your life on the Internet with people who don’t know you but I…felt like I needed to do something to mark this. I was going to buy a trumpet to celebrate but the money for that had to go for my classes so, I’ll settle for a post in a forum. What can you do, eh?

Well, congradulations, Mullenkamp. :smiley: I might not know you or anything, but I have to do this because I is feeling very happy and stuff. gives a congrats huggle to Mullenkamp Yay!

College was a nightmare for me; I ended up quitting. But then, I had literally no one to support me- parents dead, friends in other colleges, sister studying in Mexico, etc. Even the college faculty were a bunch of asses. I was alone, immature and depressed. I hope your situation is much better.

Anyway: Congratulations, and good luck!! :biggrin::wave:

Congratulations on this accomplishment.

Congrats. What field of study did you enjoy the most?

Good job. Try opening up to people more; rubbing shoulders with others is at least as good an education. What do you want to study?

Well, thanks a bunch!

History - although that’s cheating; I didn’t take any history courses. I AP Tested out of those and a few other subjects. But history is certainly going to be my major. Of the classes I actually took, I enjoyed Comparative Religions the most. The class was a breeze and the Professor tended to ramble, but it was interesting stuff.

Thanks Wil. Whenever I feel like complaining about my college experience, I’ll remember that I should be appreciating my situation a lot more now. When I fast track things, I tend to lose a bit of perspective about just how lucky I am to be able to focus on my studies and have entertaining and endearing professors. Hope your college experience didn’t keep you down and out.

While my college professors sure are nice, some of them sure are weird. The Campaigns and Elections teacher came in with a kilt and military uniform. A room full of chattering people went dead silent and just stared for about 3 minutes when he entered. It certainly was a way of getting attention.

Well, I open up to folks - just as long as they agree with me.

I jest, I assure you, besides, I managed to join up wth the alternative newspaper over at the university and they certainly a unique batch of folks. With all the running around I’ve had to do in the past year, I’ll probably reward myself if all goes well by taking that class which brings students to China for month to study the culture and the language and such. It’s either that class or the one that goes to Argentina, which would be a more pragmatic choice since you can’t live in Texas without having some Spanish thrown at you every now and then.

It will be my very small form of rebellion against a semi-cloistered lifestyle.

I’m studying for my BA in History but that’s because your BA means nothing to law schools; when I heard about the lady who had a dance degree and got accepted, I realized that all that really matters is how high your GPA is, not your major. It’s really just a means to an end for me, but I do actually enjoy it alot.

Congratulations! What’s ‘AA’ stand for?

Thanks Wil. Whenever I feel like complaining about my college experience, I’ll remember that I should be appreciating my situation a lot more now. When I fast track things, I tend to lose a bit of perspective about just how lucky I am to be able to focus on my studies and have entertaining and endearing professors. Hope your college experience didn’t keep you down and out.

Don’t worry; although I was depressed for years, eventually -thanks both to the support of true friends and my own personal research on the things that REALLY matter in life- I not only came out of my funk, I became the wise (and wiseass) person you all know me to be. :wink:

Oh, and I completed my education, as well.

And hey, if my experiences can help inspire other people in a positive way, so much the better! :slight_smile:

For the couple weeks I’ve been up at college, it’s great, I’m sure you’ll have a good time. Wanna start an odd couple law firm with me when you’re done?

Aw, who am I kidding, I’m gonna spend my life as the 984’s intern.

I’ll hit you up sometime in the next decade to get the rights to make this into a movie. It’ll be like the buddy cop movies, but for the brave new litigation century!