I Got A Job! W00t! I'm An Aca Member!

That’s right folks, ACA!!!

That’s: Apprenticeship of the Custodial Arts

's a good job though. I’m working at East Alabama Medical Center, one of Fourtune’s Magazines top 100 best companies in the world to work at (Hoorj!) and all I need to do is make sure everything is clean and just spiff up the first two floors. For $7.75 and HOUR! WHOOO HAAA!

The downside is it’s Mon-Thurs from 6am - 4:30 pm. So that means less CPU time. And less CPU time equals less shrine work, MUSIC, Fire Emblem, pr0n, n’shit.

But hey! 7.75$ per hour!

Just wanted to hollar it out.

That’s cool. :slight_smile: Is this your first job? If it is, I “bleh” at you. I got minimum wage to start at my first job ^^;;

And I find it scary that you can wake up in time for a 6am job <.<;;

Yeah it’s my first job and all. And 7.75 IS, believeitornot, minimum wage for EAMC. That’s one of the reasons why it’s in Fourtune magazine.

And I used to get up at 5am everymorning to go to school since the bus came first to my house on an 50 minute bus ride, so no biggie.

I got $7.75… after almost a year of working… ;_; It’s not fair!

I need to look in this Fortune magazine thing. Does it have an online version? <.<

Dunno. EAMC like to brag about it. They have huge banners outside on their building n’shit and flyers inside their buildings to promote them and Fortune mag.

That, and it was my dad who hooked me up with the job, since they needed more “Custodial Artistians”.

But yeah, Fortune has some pretty sweet stuff there.

good luck Kagato.

That’s great Kagato. And here’s a tip for all you people out there looking for jobs: eventually, your job will become menial and you won’t like it as much as you did, so don’t accept anything less than starts for $7.00.

Originally posted by Curtis
That’s great Kagato. And here’s a tip for all you people out there looking for jobs: eventually, your job will become menial and you won’t like it as much as you did, so don’t accept anything less than starts for $7.00.

…Wow, that’s pretty funny, Curtis. :stuck_out_tongue: Anyway, most jobs don’t pay more than minimum wage ($6.75) if it’s your first time. And anyway, you DO get raises.

Oh, heh, minimum wage was $5.45 a year and a half ago when I was looking for jobs :stuck_out_tongue: $7.00 practically is minimum wage now :stuck_out_tongue: I did manage to get $7.00 my, though, at a bookstore…

Originally posted by Curtis
Oh, heh, minimum wage was $5.45 a year and a half ago when I was looking for jobs :stuck_out_tongue: $7.00 practically is minimum wage now :stuck_out_tongue: I did manage to get $7.00 my, though, at a bookstore…

$5.45…? wow, good thing I wasn’t looking for jobs a year and a half ago o_o; Though I could’ve sworn it was $6.25 at that time… I don’t know, do different states have their own min. wage policies? I always thought it was a federal thing.

I’m positive that at that time, at least maybe only in the state where I live, the minimum wage was $5.45, because a movie theater almost hired me that.

EDIT: Actually, it was 32 hours per week now that I think about it. Maybe they can pay you less for part time? Though that’s almost full time; heh, that’s how they screw you over I guess.

And I just discovered that double posts are automatically edited into the first post, and also bring it back to the top of the page. That’s a great feature.

I do believe min. wage is a federal thing…

And you can’t be paid less for part-time work.

Congrats. Mr. Confetti Smilie would be here, but he’s off partying with a bunch of super stars.

Thanks youse guises!