I found my old NES

Actually, not a NES, but a Micro Genius. It’s basically a NES that uses cartdriges of the japanese format. American format NES cartdriges are big and fit into the console horizontally. The japanese ones, however, are about the same size as SNES cartdriges and fit in vertically.

So, back to my old console… I got it as a birthday gift when I was 8 (12 years old and still seemingly functional). I opened a chest I have in my bedroom and found it inside a sack, with connection acessories and its two turbo controllers! You can’t imagine what I’ve felt when I saw it - I thought I had lost it when I was 11.

Only problem is, I couldn’t find my games =( I had TMNT 2, Batman and Mission: Impossible… And now they’re gone ;_;

Well, I decided I am going to play somethng with my long-lost-and-now-found-precious. I’m going to buy soe cartdriges on Ebay. Here’s where I need help: I can’t find cartdriges in the japanese format. I’ve already tried ‘60 pins’, japanese, micro genius, and nothing comes out >_< Somebody give me a hand here. I just need a search tag that will lead me to cartdriges that fit into my machine :too bad;

If I understand this correctly, you’re looking for Japanese NES games. Search for Famicom games- that’s what the NES was called there.

. . .

My savior! Thank you :yipee:

I still have my old NES and it still works. Sometimes, at least. :too bad; One of the original ORIGINAL ones. :ah-ha!:

My family has an old NES, totally functional, and probably around 30 games. Fun toy to play with when I’m home on breaks. Back at the college, I have an SNES, and let me tell you - that is some high-quality gaming.

I am the grand goddess of Mario Kart.

Originally posted by purplepeopleeater
[b]My family has an old NES, totally functional, and probably around 30 games. Fun toy to play with when I’m home on breaks. Back at the college, I have an SNES, and let me tell you - that is some high-quality gaming.

I am the grand goddess of Mario Kart. [/b]
Purplepeopleeater, surrender your pants and prepare for boarding.

Originally posted by Karlemagne
Purplepeopleeater, surrender your pants and prepare for boarding.

I believe you should fear my MarioKart skills. They’re impressive. Unfortunately, my controllers are all screwed up, so I lost a few too many games to an inferior opponent. Next time though… fistshake

Originally posted by purplepeopleeater
I believe you should fear my MarioKart skills. They’re impressive. Unfortunately, my controllers are all screwed up, so I lost a few too many games to an inferior opponent. Next time though… fistshake
Through the fenceposts on the hill I could see them hitting, across the pasture towards where the flag was. me and Cornpoe was looking for to find some balls that had gotten lost so we could get a nickle, but I wasnt looking too hard on account of it felt nice to see the men there on that bright green field. and Cornpoe was just sniffing in a bush not saying nothing bexause she aint nothing but an old hound. I sure did love that old dog. but that was before the truck come down the road and I telled for Cornpoe to come back. but she didnt hear the noise from the motor was so loud it filled my head up with the roar and then it was too late, too late. and the crash and the noise from the horn blowing like it was saying YAH YAH YAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!

You’re either a God or insane, Charle. :stuck_out_tongue:

And I hate you all for having your old consoles. I have none.

My Nintendo blinks random colors at me…

Mine’s a little quirky, but it gets the job done. Got about 50 games for it.

I have two Nintendo’s.

Along with an SNES, Genesis, two old Gray Gameboys, two N64s, a GBA, a modded PSX, a PS2, and a GameCube I hijacked from my aunt. And an obscene amount of games.

Lessee…

2 Nintendos, 2 N64s, 1 SNES, 2 old GBs, 2 GBCs, 2 GBAs, 1 GC, 1 PS2…

And quite a few games.

Right now I have the PS2, PSX, N64, and Genesis all hooked into one of those 4-way audio/video adapters, so I can play them interchangibly. Also have a GBA and an old school Game Boy laying around there. NES and SNES are in my brother’s possession at present.

Games: too numerous to recall. A lot.

I’ve already had SNES, N64 and Game Boy. Now all I have is my old Micro Genius (Famicom).

But on the PC, I emulate NES, SNES, N64, PSX, Genesis, Master System, Game Boy, GBA, Neo Geo, Arcade…

I have more roms then anyone here. Except for maybe TD, but I sent them all to him.

I still have my Gameboy, it’s fourteen years old and still working. Not that a fourteen year old Gameboy is a joy to play on.

I also have my old SNES games, I just don’t have a SNES. I hate myself for selling that.

Old school GBs rock. They really built those suckers to last. :smiley:

Hmm, total, we have an NES, SNES, N64, PS1, PS2, X-Box, Dreamcast, and my old-school Gameboy.

After this last Thanksgiving dinner, I was sitting in the living room playing Gameboy when my 10-year-old cousin walked up to me. He looked at the Gameboy - gray, chunky, low-quality graphics and music - and then glanced at me and asked:

“What’s that?”

Needless to say, for the first time in my nigh-20 years, I felt very, very old.