I don't make enough threads!

Oooh! I love musicals! :slight_smile: I’ve got Sound of Music and Cats on Video, seen a Swedish rendition (surprisingly good) of Jesus Christ Superstar a couple of times. I also own CDs with a collection of Andrew Lloyd Webber’s best stuff, as well as Phantom of the Opera and Chess. If you haven’t seen or heard anything from Chess, you really need to. It’s got some hilarious stuff within the heartbreak story. Just take Molokov the CIA agent’s grand number during the opening ceremony:

It’s the U.S versus U.S.S.R
Yet we more or less are

(Diplomats: No one can deny that these are difficult times…)

to our predict putting all that aside
We have swallowed our pride

(These are very difficult and dangerous times…)

It really doesn’t matter who comes out on top, who gets the chop
No one’s way of life is threathened by a flop…
But we’re gonna smash their bastard!
Make him wanna change his name
Take him to the cleaners and devastate him
wipe him out, humiliate him!
We don’t want the whole world saying:
“They can’t even win a GAME!”
We have never reckoned
on coming second,
there’s no use in loosing

And all that, mind you, because of the world championship in chess, between the master from America and the master from Russia. Neat. ^^;;

Uhh… I like Pink Floyd’s The Wall. But most musicals annoy me.

I’ve seen Cats and Beauty and the Beast on ice before. :slight_smile: I liked cats, it was ok. Beauty and the Beast on ice was interesting.

I hate musicals. Just like 3-D movies.

Originally posted by Weiila
[b] If you haven’t seen or heard anything from Chess, you really need to. It’s got some hilarious stuff within the heartbreak story. Just take Molokov the CIA agent’s grand number during the opening ceremony:

It’s the U.S versus U.S.S.R
Yet we more or less are

(Diplomats: No one can deny that these are difficult times…)

to our predict putting all that aside
We have swallowed our pride

(These are very difficult and dangerous times…)

It really doesn’t matter who comes out on top, who gets the chop
No one’s way of life is threathened by a flop…
But we’re gonna smash their bastard!
Make him wanna change his name
Take him to the cleaners and devastate him
wipe him out, humiliate him!
We don’t want the whole world saying:
“They can’t even win a GAME!”
We have never reckoned
on coming second,
there’s no use in loosing

And all that, mind you, because of the world championship in chess, between the master from America and the master from Russia. Neat. ^^;; [/b]

I actually went to see that being performed. It was cool. :slight_smile: I particulary liked the ‘The Soviet Machine’ number.

My school did a very excellent musical on “Guys and Dolls” Very big event. I think it brought in quite a few thousand dollars (and we have a tiny school compared to many). I liked Guys and Dolls. Very good and what the school did I think would be worthy of Broadway.

For the ones professionally done, I’ve seen Phantom twice and Miss Saigon once. Of the more school musical sort, I’ve seen Oklahoma! and Grease.

I like musicals… they’re a different type of fantasy.

I love musicals! ^^
Andrew Lloyd Webber is the greatest. Phantom of the Opera=so fuggin awesome there are no words.

Disney needs to go back to there old musical animated movie style… and for God’s sake, stop making sequels.

I think the last one I actually saw onstage was Cinderella, but that one was pretty cheesy.

I went to see Oliver Twist once, a few years ago, with Russ Abbot or someone. It was pretty good.

And Disney shoud stop making movies. Period.

Eh, I don’t care much for musicals. I did like Paint your Wagon, but that was solely a movie musical; from what I heard, it was never made into a play.

I don’t have a great love of musicals. I find them boring. Sure, there are some good ones, but they’re nothing spectacular to me.

Question: Do you have to have a big ego to become an actor, or does the big ego develop when you become one (regardless of skill)?

You need an ego of some sort, to be willing to go out and perform, but you don’t need a big ego. Some of the best actors I personally know have the smallest egos.

Originally posted by d Galloway
Eh, I don’t care much for musicals. I did like Paint your Wagon, but that was solely a movie musical; from what I heard, it was never made into a play.

Whoa that was a real musical?? I remember that on The Simpsons… “Gonna paint a wagon, gonna paint it good. Gonna use oil-based paint, cause the wood is pine.”

Myeh wra mrwewr.

Actually, I’m pretty sure it <i>is</i> real. Anyway, I’ve seen Cats before … It was pretty good, considering that just about <i>every single freakin’ word</i> was taken from “Old Possum’s Book of Practical Cats” by, I think it was, T.H. White …

I ARE LIKING CATS OF WELL AS.

Yah, I liked watching Cats! Nee~! =^.^=

Not when you were still part of <i>me</i>, you didn’t!

Holy crap!

Mayl, that is probably the first time I have sen you without your mallet.

I’ve seen pitifully few musicals, not including D*sney films. I really should go and see Cats or something. Is it any good?

YOU OF HEARDING ME. IT ARE.

Eh, I haven’t had to use it lately. But don’t try to fix that.

Not <i>knowingly</i>, I won’t.

Good.

Nya~! =^.^=

ARRGHHH!!

I see the language lessons haven’t had much of an effect yet.

We don’t really have an equivalent to Broadway here. Closest thing we have is Manchester, which only runs a few at any one time. We don’t get many of the big-name production companies either. That’s changing, but we still don’t get enough.

Godspell and Fiddler on the Roof…I usually don’t like musicals, though.

[edit] omg, I almost forgot:

Rocky Horror Picture Show!

I have GOT to see RHPS at some point.

do the timewarp, d00d.

I’ve only seen the first half hour or so. I then fell asleep. I’ll catch it next time it’s on TV.

Fiddler on the Roof and Footloose would be my favorites, or Once upon a Mattress.