I don't fucking understand

Well the dumbfucks making a fuss of it = the entire french establishment and the people that live in the projects that want the cops to take the blame for other people’s bad choices despite how it makes no sense. Its a huge political debacle to appease potential rioters.

Every article I’ve read up to now states that they were actually planning a crime. Having said that, yes its pretty typical for people to be given a hard time in harder areas. While racial profiling and things like that are not cool things (that’s what Kero was referring to), no matter reason they ran away for, they’re still responsible for their decision to trespass in a dangerous area. In the example Kero was referring to, the cops pulled the guy out and tazered him repeatedly when he was non violently protesting his treatment. That’s abuse.

This contrasts to what happened in France where, at best, the cops were in the wrong for asking them their information and the kids did something stupid they shouldn’t have done. At worst, the cops were validated and the kids did something stupid they shouldn’t have done.

I think the idea is that the cops did something they should not have done that if they had not done, the kids would not be dead. It sounds like everyone is making way too big a deal out of it, though.
I think the cop should still be removed from the force if they really did wrongly/illegally ask for information (even if they were later validated, see the gun example; it’s still wrong to search the man who has done nothing wrong simply because he’s a certain race or in a certain neighbourhood), not for the deaths. The deaths are just the reason the cop’s profiling came out, as far as I’m concerned. The deaths are not his fault, really; similar to the way if I broke up with a girl and she killed herself, I would’ve, perhaps, inspired the action (although suicide is more likely to occur after fucking me than breaking up with me), but it is nonetheless not my fault, as she made the choice. He should not be held responsible for the deaths, but he should face some consequence for wrongly pressing the teens for information (if he did so) over the boundaries and limits on his duty, as he would if he had simply searched someone and they got home and complained and could provide proof.

Yeah , I’d commit suicide after having sex with you too >_>;;.

But it would be your own fault, no-matter what the French government thought on the matter.

What story is Arac talking about? From what I’ve read, it sounds like the cops approached some kids acting suspiciously, they ran away, so the police persued them (I think running away from the police is kind of a suspicious thing to do, don’t you?). They ran and hid inside of a power station, where two of them were killed. Nowhere have I seen it mentioned that the police entered the power station, only that they were chasing the suspects near it. If the police chased a suspect near a cliff, and the suspect tripped and fell off, would it be the police officer’s fault? If someone is injured while trying to evade police, how is that the police’s fault? Maybe if the police are acting unlawfully, but as far as I know the police in this case were simply persuing suspicious people.

I just scrolled down through the thread and that’s the first thing I saw. I don’t want to know what this thread was about.

That’s quote-worthy material.

I’ll take “What the fuck are you talking about Arac?” for 500 Alex.

As I said, I haven’t read the story. I’m not that deeply into this topic, so I’m just going by the comments people make in this thread. I straight-up said that, Vorpy.
Infonick: I pretty much explained what I thought of the issue from what I understood without actually reading the article, then made a joke about being bad in bed that’s not so much a joke as a fact.

Then why were you even arguing? You didn’t know what happened, but you were arguing as if you knew stuff we didn’t.

Seriously.

Why did you even argue in the first place if you weren’t deep enough into the topic to read the article. -.-

Arac is transforming into Silhouette.

Favorite… What story is Arac talking about? From what I’ve read, it sounds like the cops approached some kids acting suspiciously, they ran away, so the police persued them (I think running away from the police is kind of a suspicious thing to do, don’t you?). They ran and hid inside of a power station, where two of them were killed. Nowhere have I seen it mentioned that the police entered the power station, only that they were chasing the suspects near it. If the police chased a suspect near a cliff, and the suspect tripped and fell off, would it be the police officer’s fault? If someone is injured while trying to evade police, how is that the police’s fault? Maybe if the police are acting unlawfully, but as far as I know the police in this case were simply persuing suspicious people.

IT depends on what the kids were doing. If some cops chase after some kids who were just loitering, I would say that was almost unlawful. But if the cops had strong reason to believe the kids really were up to no good, if they were loitering in some kind of place where they would only be there to cause the trouble, it wasn’t…