I dont care about...

Iraq military personel, Peta, or Janet Jacksons tittay…

What I do care about is: Vitamin B12.

Vitamin B12: What is it?

Vitamin B12, also called cobalamin, is important to good health. It helps maintain healthy nerve cells and red blood cells, and is also needed to make DNA, the genetic material in all cells (1-4). Vitamin B12 is bound to the protein in food. Hydrochloric acid in the stomach releases B12 from protein during digestion. Once released, B12 combines with a substance called intrinsic factor (IF) before it is absorbed into the bloodstream.

Hey, why isn’t this a news thread? I NEED ANOTHER NEWS THREAD, NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW!!! I MUST LEARN MORE TRIVIAL CURRENT ISSUES!!!

What foods provide vitamin B12?

Vitamin B12 is naturally found in animal foods including fish, milk and milk products, eggs, meat, and poultry. Fortified breakfast cereals are an excellent source of vitamin B12 and a particularly valuable source for vegetarians (5, 6, 7). The table of selected food sources of vitamin B12 suggests dietary sources of vitamin B12.

What is the health risk of too much Vitamin B12?

Vitamin B12 has a very low potential for toxicity. The Institute of Medicine states that “no adverse effects have been associated with excess vitamin B12 intake from food and supplements in healthy individuals (7).” The Institute recommends that adults over 50 years of age get most of their vitamin B12 from supplements or fortified food because of the high incidence of impaired absorption of B12 from unfortified foods in this population (7).

Originally posted by Cybercompost
What is the health risk of too much Vitamin B12?

Immortality

Should I be concered if my child is consuming mass amounts of Vitamin B12?

How can you talk about vitamins when I’m having your baby?

The Recommended Dietary Allowance (RDA) is the average daily dietary intake level that is sufficient to meet the nutrient requirements of nearly all (97 to 98 percent) healthy individuals in each life-stage and gender group (7). The 1998 RDAs for vitamin B12 (in micrograms) for adults (7) are:

Men Ages 19+: 2.4 mcg
Women Ages 19+: 2.4 mcg
Pregnancy: 2.6 mcg
Lactation: 2.8 mcg

Results of two national surveys, the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES III-1988-91) (8) and the Continuing Survey of Food Intakes by Individuals (CSFII 1994-96) (7) found that most adult men and women consume recommended amounts of vitamin B12 (6-8).

Do you care about vitamin B10?

Vitamin B10: What is it?

I like the taste of ascorbic acid, and I like it in amounts big enough to make teeth hurt.

For those who don’t know, I’m talking about vitamin C.

I drink lots of V8 Splash, Green Tea, and eat a lot of carrots to keep me going. But it looks like I need some poultry and dairy back in my diet again. There’s also, if I’m not mistake, forms of Vitamin B found in Powerade, and is a key component to keeping you going, so I hear.

I snack on whatever I can get my hands on! For instance, we were out of cookies at my dad’s once, so I mindlessly snacked on about five oranges. We also seem to run out of cookies and dried pineapples really quickly.

Vitamin B12 can be boosted by drinking Red Bull… in fact Red Bull gives you 200% of the RDA of B12… so drink read bull, it gives you wings.*

Gets paid by the red bull guy

*Not actually true, if red bull does give you wings, consult a doctor immediately.

who needs vitamins when you can get alcohol

An overdose of Vitamin C can act as a powerful laxitive.

Trust me. I speak from experiance. ><