I declare Nintendo the winner!

This will drive sales up like there’s no tomorrow:
http://www.square-enix.co.jp/dragonquest/20th/DQ9PVL.html

CHA-CHING!

small article on IGN: http://ds.ign.com/articles/750/750590p1.html

It doesn’t really provide more info than the 1up link I posted a couple days ago.

That trailer was pretty sweet! I’m even more psyched about getting my DS Lite after Christmas.

I once had trouble deciding whether to get a PSP or a DS. This is no longer a difficult decision.

The last dragon quest game I played was VII
dear god I hated it. What’s the draw to them? I’m not trying to be an asshole or troll or anything, but seriously =\

ah no worries, you either love or hate the series :smiley: … there’s no shades of grey.

DQ games are an acquired taste.

Aren’t they just really really basic RPGs?

The only ones I’ve played are one, two, and three >.>;

They used to be, yeah. But they tend to be pretty fun, and the complexity increased with the later ones.

Plus, status effects not only work when you use them, they’re USEFUL too, it’s something I really like in the serie.

They’re old school, usually light hearted but the quality is usually top notch. What irks people most often is the slower pace of the games. They’re a solid series though.

Got slaughtered twice in the first dungeon of the game and was surprised.

I really like the DQ games,I just love how Gigantic the world can be,and how long the game can be so it’s sure to keep me entertained for a while.

I just hope that DQIX will bring the job system back I really liked it.

My guess is no, it won’t.

Well, if it already wasn’t apparent, this just guarantees they win in Japan.

Woot for square-enix. Im glad I already have my ds. I still can’t wait for the one on the Wii.

The PSP was already more or less dead in Japan, this is just the final nail in the coffin.

At first I was skeptical about moving the main series to DS for this installment, but after seeing the trailer my worries are relieved. The DS is probably the biggest platform in Japan right now, so it’s not too surprising.

I just hope it doesn’t take as long to come out as the time between 7 and 8… or hell, 6 and 7.