I can't stop laughing maniacally, I actually do sound like Albedo

I just got this in my email like now.

Dear Patrick,

Congratulations once again on being accepted into the McGill M.D./Ph.D. Joint Program!  I very much enjoyed meeting you during the interview process and look forward to interacting with you at the Thursday evening M.D./Ph.D. Seminar series.  

I am pleased to inform you that with your acceptance to join the McGill M.D./Ph.D. Program beginning in 2005, you have been chosen by the McGill M.D./Ph.D. Program and the Faculty of Medicine Scholarship Committee to receive the prestigious McKeown Scholarship.  This is a special McGill M.D./Ph.D. scholarship we are awarding for the first time this year.  Pending yearly review and good standing in the McGill combined M.D./Ph.D. Program, this scholarship will cover your full medical school and graduate school tuition and provide a stipend of $20,000. for the 2005-2006 year. It is anticipated that the stipend will be renewed for those years not covered by the regular M.D./Ph.D. Program stipend. 

I would appreciate if you would confirm your intention to accept this scholarship.  In the meantime, please don’t hesitate to contact me should you have any questions about the McGill M.D./Ph.D. Program or other funding issues.

Extra note for the uninformed, my program was supposed to have been paid off in its entirety starting at my PhD in a year and a half. Now essentially, only the 6 months between the start of my 2nd MD year and the start of my PhD is a question mark. I’m almost having spasms. The program lasts 7-8 years.

Holy fuck, congrats man.

Hurrah!

w00t

Very nice work Sin. =) I am sure everyone here is just as excited for you, as you are for yourself! I can’t believe someone here is actually going to become accomplished. :stuck_out_tongue:

:kissy:

I’m still taking bets that he gets shot in the street the day he is done with studying.

<b><b>

No kidding, holy shit.

Woah. Congradumalations dude.

Wowwee. Nice.

What’s up, Doc!

BN
Go You!

Seconded.

That’s great! I’m happy for you, Sin :slight_smile:

Congratulations, dude.

Who says grad school doesn’t pay?

I’m gonna have to ask you have you managed to do that.

Congratulations, Sin!

But who the heck is Albedo? :thinking: ?

you sure worked hard for it, nice job.

Wilf: Bad guy in Xenosaga.

That’s great, Sin.

Also, your hair is GODLY. Seriously, I feel an overwhelming NEED to fly out to California and fucking scalp you, man. :stuck_out_tongue:

Not much else to say other than congratulations. Good to see that you’re going places.