HP: Goblet of Fire

http://www.chud.com/news/jan04/jan20potter.php3

I hope they make it a longer movie (Like 3 hours or more) because if they try to make one 2 hour movie they are going to have to cut so much crap out.

I’d always thought of books 4 and 5 as being part of a mini-series rather than a movie. I have no idea how they’ll fit anywhere near enough stuff into one movie each.

Well considering the approved budget - I think there is a good shot at a long movie =)

I’m quite sure that Mike Newell does not direct the Harry Potter movies; at least not the most recent one. A man by the name of Chris Columbus did the second one, and I would assume the first and third as well.

So yea, I don’t think this is very credible.

Sorry to burst your bubble there mate. Chris Columbus did 1 and 2, 3 is directed by Alfonso Cuarón and 4 is indeed Mike Newell. Chris Columbus took off of 3 to spend time with family. He might help produce 4 and he is UP for directing 5 and on but not sure yet.

Oh and here are some links for you

Originally posted by Jakanden
Sorry to burst your bubble there mate. Chris Columbus did 1 and 2, 3 is directed by Alfonso Cuarón and 4 is indeed Mike Newell. Chris Columbus took off of 3 to spend time with family. He might help produce 4 and he is UP for directing 5 and on but not sure yet.

That doesn’t sound very consistent. I would have thought that by using the same director all the way through, a level of consistency would be created within all the movies, giving them an overall appeal level as a series, as opposed to just individual movies; something that happens to a lot of series that go on for a long time (Most notably the “Planet of the Apes” movies).

Perhaps - but it doesnt change the fact there are multiple directors =)

Lemme ask a side question with no relevence to anything about this topic: why are you so happy you proved me wrong? So what? In fact, why is anyone ever thrilled with themselves about proving me wrong? People always get all happy and shit, and I don’t understand.

Nothing to do with you personally. Im usually wrong. So in those rare instances I am right - I try to enjoy them because they dont come often =).

I do truly apologize mate in the way it came across which I see now is rather “Im right your wrong!”. I honestly didn’t mean it that way, although looking at it now, it seems blatent.

The only things i know anything about are movies (I do movie reviews and am part of OFCS), magic (I am a part-time magician), and fitness and nutrition. I thought I knew about games till I came here and then I found my knowledge was put to shame.

Sorry, It’s been a long, long, long and very shitty day.

Am I the only one who thinks that they should get the THIRD movie over with before they worry about the fourth? o_O

(And BTW, the fouth needs to be at LEAST three hours for it to not suck.)

Originally posted by Sorcerer
That doesn’t sound very consistent. I would have thought that by using the same director all the way through, a level of consistency would be created within all the movies, giving them an overall appeal level as a series, as opposed to just individual movies; something that happens to a lot of series that go on for a long time (Most notably the “Planet of the Apes” movies).

If you don’t mind the movies being consistently crappy, then consistancy would be good. I’ve been seriously dissapointed in the transition from novel to film so far and am gald Chris Columbus isn’t doing the next one at least. Of course, making a movie out of it almost takes away the fun, since you don’t get to imagine what it would be like.

Really? I thought they were pretty good.

In any case, you can’t really compare this to Planet of the Apes. There is a consistent artistic vision no matter who the director is - J.K. Rowling has a lot of input into the movies. Another thing to note is that unlike PooA, Harry Potter has a consistent set of characters - the problem is that chances are that the cast is NOT going to be the same for every movie. Richard Harris died after the second one, and the current three stars’ contracts are up after the third one, so it’s very possible that they’re going to have to find three other people to play the kids. With a cast of completely different people, the whole “continuity” thing is shot to hell in any case, so the director doesn’t make much difference.

Originally posted by demigod
If you don’t mind the movies being consistently crappy, then consistancy would be good. I’ve been seriously dissapointed in the transition from novel to film so far and am gald Chris Columbus isn’t doing the next one at least. Of course, making a movie out of it almost takes away the fun, since you don’t get to imagine what it would be like.

I too am fairly happy with the novel to film conversion. Sure they cut few things and changed some things (Im glad they got rid of peeves for instance), but thats normal with ANY book to movie.

They are much more true to the books than most series (Even LOTR) and I for one love them =)

ahem

Actually, they DID have footage of Peeves, even in the first movie. However, time constraints were REALLY bad. So bad, that they couldn’t even fit him in the deleted scenes.

Originally posted by Kagato Toujou
[b]ahem

Actually, they DID have footage of Peeves, even in the first movie. However, time constraints were REALLY bad. So bad, that they couldn’t even fit him in the deleted scenes. [/b]

Which means they got rid of peeves. I never said it wasnt filmed, I said “I’m glad they got rid of peeves” =)

I’ve actually been wondering about this myself. The only solution I can see is to split the movie into two parts. But… that might be a little too hard.

For Goblet of Fire they’re probably going to have to do what was done with Gods and Generals, which was make it long, but stick an intermission in. Same with order of the Phoenix.