How Ironic

Originally posted by Evangelion
[b]Last Friday in school, I had an assembly and it turns out it was one of those motivational shows they put on.MAAD made this movie that’s an hour or so long and they’d showed my school, stuff like how drugs and alcohol affect your life and whatnot and stressing not to abuse them or submit to peer pressure.It was “serenaded” by a lot of modern music like Avril Lavigne (gag), Our Lady Peace, etc.I just find it funny however that the song they used to open up the whole movie sequence was by Weezer.

Song?

Dope Nose.

o.O

I mean, I dont think the song has any relation to drugs, and the song means something entirely different (I dunno) but it seemed a bit amusing to me at the time.

(What?I have nothing better to say on a Sunday afternoon:) ) [/b]

I had that exact assembly, and the corniness of all the skits in it was just mind-boggling :stuck_out_tongue:

Haha alright, someone knows what I’m talking about.my thoughts exactly.Those people seemed way too cool that it almost seemed fake:fungah:

lol
I live in one of those deeply religious communities, so that means there are plenty of those programs. The problem is, half the people who are starting those programs are potheads already. Hypocritical if you ask me…

We had a similar thing on diversity in our school.

Diversity things don’t change anyone’s minds, really. Its not like a racist is going to say, “Man, I guess I was wrong, everyone WAS created equal.” More likely they will not listen and then go on to misinterpret Dead Kennedys songs to fit their twisted ideals.

Yeah, I agree.Lectures on diversity and driving drunk are two different things, so the lectures MAAD gives can help a select few willing to change, but stuff like diversity and racism…it’s hard to alter one’s view of the world.