How eight pixels cost Microsoft millions

Clicka.

Microsoft has also managed to upset women and entire countries. A Spanish-language version of Windows XP, destined for Latin American markets, asked users to select their gender between “not specified,” “male” or “bitch,” because of an unfortunate error in translation.

NIce…

Hurray! Go Microsoft… I bet those were intentional…

Which video game had chantings from the Koran in it?

Why would you ask…?

It was a fighting game whos name eludes me. It was supposedly a decent fighter but was pulled back before nearly as fast as it came out and wasnt able to be savored. You may find a copy on ebay.

Well I must admit, it’s always nice hearing about Microsoft screwing up and losing money. Since they certainly have enough money to lose.

“Oh my, whats that? We messed up? Here, have 3 million dollars for your hurt feelings… Is that better? Good…”

Yep, It’s also good to be microsoft… lol

" Male or bitch". That’s got to be the most hilarious mistranslation ever.

Wait a minute, HOW do you translate “Female” to “Bitch” in Spanish? As a English/Spanish translator myself, I don’t see how that could’ve happened (unintentionally, anyway.) Is there any place we could see the actual Spanish wording? :thinking:

It’s funny, though; Cuz all chicks ARE bitches. :smiley:

dodges gunfire

Edwards said that staff members are now sent on geography courses to try to avoid such mishaps. “Some of our employees, however bright they may be, have only a hazy idea about the rest of the world,” he said.

How true.

It was called tao feng…but uh, it isnt decent at all :stuck_out_tongue: i own it and it fucking blows. You can still buy the game at any store, just a version that has the chant taken out.

At least they’re good at employing shoddy translators.
That’s always something.

Wow, and I thought the “Server doesn’t stabilized yet” translation on the Ragnarok Online website was funny. :stuck_out_tongue:

Whoa! Some how “All your Base” seems like it offends less than Microsoft. Maybe they shouldn’t AutoRoute the world.

XP, You called me a Female dog! I seems that I’ve Bill has got to sort you out.

Big Nutter
Sorry 2k, I can’t really help, but when I’m Cheeper, I still like it.

I guess they had Chappelle Show on the brain

snickers

Hokay, this is fricking AWESOME. And speaking as someone who took Spanish for a few years:

Female: hembra
Bitch: perra

Of course, this was using BabelFish, which, translating “perra” back into Spanish, got “dog.” (And for the record, “hembra” was “female.”)

Yar: Exactly. Now, it’s true that “hembra” is not usually used to refer to HUMAN females, because it sounds a bit improper, but it’s definitely NOT the same as “Perra.” Most of the time, these surveys use “Masculino” or “Femenino” in their gender slots. Not exactly a good translation, but less annoying.