How do you...

…get a credit card? I need it for something. I have a bank account and a steady income, if that matters.

Thanks.

or you could play WoW and use prepaid cards.

Uh, since when did he say he needed it for an MMORPG? Maybe he wants to order online or something?

Anyways, I’m not too sure, but I would say to inquire at the bank. Oh, a debit card doesnt work for ordering online.

I said it in the chat…i need it to get FFXI working. I got FFXI for christmas, but my parents won’t give me their card to set it up. I plan to pay for it myself, by giving paying them back for any fees, but they still won’t do it.

And i asked at my bank, and they said they can only give me Debit cards, and that i need to get one from a provider, but i don’t know what the hell that is.

Your bank should have no problems giving you a debit card through mastercard or visa if you are 18. If your bank cannot do this for you, get another bank. When I needed one, I just went to my bank, said that I wanted a mastercard debit card connected to my checking account, and they gave one to me. That simple. It acts exactly like a credit card, but pulls funds straight from your checking account.

The disadvantage is that this does not count on your credit rating, nor can you spend more than what is in your account. But it should be more than enough to use if all you plan on doing is using it for an MMO.

Yeah, absolutely get/use a debit card instead of a credit card. Ionmage is incorrect, debit cards work just find for ordering online and can pretty much do anything a credit card can. At this point in your life you probably don’t want a credit card anyway, you run the risk of overspending, going into debt, and ruining your credit; which can follow you for years.

I remember trying to order HL2 online over steam, and it wouldn’t take my debit card, had to call up my parents for it. BUt in everyone else’s defense, they were only taking, like, two kinds of payment. Ah, whatever.

They aren’t already sending you credit card applications in the mail? I wish I could go back to those days. :smiley:

Banks do credit cards - I don’t know of a bank that doesn’t. If you do get one instead of a debit card, get one with no annual fee.

and I’m also sure FFXI offers pre-paid game cards, I know City of Heroes and WoW does the same as someone said. Check your local Best Buy.

https://www.epassporte.com/secure/finalfantasy.cgi

Ask your bank, that’s what I did. They gave me a real VISA.

Oh my god i fucking love you.

I take cash, Visa and Mastercard.

Get a debit card. They’re so handy.

Furthermore, I’d like to mention that in the case of your debit card being stolen or your number being used and funds being withdrawn - because it’s a debit card your funds will be reinstated by the bank without question. Not quite so with a credit card company.

Debit cards rock. Cash back is a godsend.

You can’t get one for another 5 months. You have to be 18 for a credit card.

But thankfully, not for the thing TD posted. :smiley: