How do you deal with thieves?

I basically just help myself to everything that belongs to my family when I want to, and make it clear that they can help themselves to stuff that belongs to me, so long as I get it back in the end. I have an unusually good relationship with my siblings though, so I don’t know if there’s enough trust between you and your brother to do that. In any case your brother like, giving your shit away to some people though, is just retarded.

What’s even more retarded is “beating his ass” though, coz, that’s not going to make ANYBODY feel better, and it’s not going to stop him from stealing stuff AT ALL. Also retarded would be selling his shit; that’ll just start a stealing war, which is fucking absurd. If I were you, I’d just liberally help myself to his shit whenever I felt the need; and I’d feel the need a lot. If he complains, you can bring up the soccer ball to make fun of him (shit, dude, you give away MY soccer ball, and you’re bitching?) and use your bigger size (you’re the older brother right?) to make it clear that you’re in charge. Let him know that if he wants to use your stuff all he has to do is ask, and NOT give it away to some jerks. You know?

Chances are Sin’s sprites sword action is better the Sin’s real sword action!. Still I think its better not piss off him.

Cut off his thumbs, see what he can steal then!

Cut off his thumbs, see what he can steal then!

*edit:crap, double post.

Well, all the good suggestions have been said already, so I’ll just say you should do something that hopefully involves duct tape and leaving him stranded somewhere 10 miles from home. Naked.

Gila, did you read a WORD Maz just posted? [/OBNOXIOUSLY TAKING IT SERIOUSLY] :smiley:

Hair waxing!!!

I can see Hades, with no body hair runing nakid down a tarmac desert road.

Big Nutter
I think i just lost my tea!

Maz, as good and wholesome as your pacifist propoganda sounds, beating his ass actually WOULD make me feel extremely good, but I’d still rather avoid a situation like that.

I asked the kids who had it what happened to it and they said my brother gave it to them, thinking I stole it from someone, which is not only an insult since he’s the biggest thief I’ve ever seen in my life (and I’ve never stolen anything ever), but which also means he lied to me when he said he didn’t know anything about it.

I don’t know what the hell goes through someone’s mind when they give away something I bought not even a day ago, but I’m starting to doubt more and more that this was an honest mistake.

I think I will do what you suggested though.

And it probably sounds pretty silly to argue about a soccerball, but it’s not really what it is that matters. It’s the situation in general.

I’d steal his eyes.
Use a spork.

I agree with you Nul…if by “spork” you mean “wine bottle opener.”

Dear God, WHY think of that?

We all like to think that, but then you’re like afterwards, “god, I’m such a loser, I totally suck at dealing with other people,” at least, that’s the way I’d feel. Maybe I’m just really, really weird though. :stuck_out_tongue:

Just now I thought, why wuold he give somehting he stole to someone else? Maybe he did so because he’s got no money and had to pay a debt to that other guy? I would investigate further.

But if he beats him up, he’ll be dealing with him really well.

tell your mommy, make her make him stop. please, its your soccer ball, its not a big deal. its not like he stole your crack, you do somthin like that to me, you get a cap in your ass. ya dig?

Talk to him, find out why he was stealing your stuff, and set some kind of rule that if he steals something from you without asking again you’ll do something to him. I’ve done this when my younger sister was taking my stuff, and it worked perfectly

He is your brother after all, and you wouldn’t want to start some feud by beating the shit out of him. Down the road you may need a favor from him.

Kill him with a bendy straw, just stab it through his eye and suck out his brains. That’s one for the obituaries and newspapers.