How did you...

About 3.5 years ago I was in Hawaii and bought a floppy tan hat and started wearing it. It’s now Fall 2003 and I’m still wearing it, though it has been leached of all color it once had and completely changed it’s shape. It’s shrunk considerably to fit rather snugly on my head, and I’ve acquired semi-permanant hat hair that only comes out with shampoo. For some reason when I signed up I put a space in between the words Cloth and Hat. The rest as they say, is history.

MacMaverick was taken, so I figured, hey, it’s an rpg board, might as well have something fantasy ish. Sorcerer sounded vague enough to be cool, so I used it. Even for me being 12 or so at the time, I think it’s held up well. RPGC is the only place I go by Sorcerer.

I liked the lizard, so I made that my name.
And my old one was KoS Gilgamesh.

At the time, I was solely a PC Gamer, and decided to let my name show that.

I then took the name of Deus Ex’s hero (JC Denton), and just changed a few letters…

Of course, my character has his own story for getting it… would tell you, but its in my Origin story.

Anyway, in the past, I have used Freven, Nigma, Preeve, and Rendon… just random things that sounded medivelish…

alcohol('Xelpherpolis') == 'Xelopheris';

Nah xelo, thats crap, you got it from a video game that you played and hated and took back to the store. NYAH.

Well. It started out as my name being Videomaster but one time somebody else had that name for there name and I couldn’t switch over to it so I used the name I had for my secondary e-mail which was Videospirit. How I came up with Videomaster has to do with a story I’ve been working on since I was little with Seth Lonestrike as it’s main character which I’ve weaved into my online persona. But I will not dwell into my online characters story. you’ll have to wait for me to write it out first.

Ephemeral Fantasia! :smiley:

It’s my REAL name. :too bad;

You see, when I first joined, I had no idea EVERYBODY used fake names here. By the time I realized, it had stuck.

The irony is, I’ve NEVER liked my name! Sounds too high falutin’, like a Spanish Count’s. A while ago, I announced I was going to change it (to Wise Man- look, same initials! :hahaha; ) but my good friend Valkyrie Esker asked me not to; said it inspired respect in her or something. So, I decided to keep it.

Oh, and I DO have a real-life nickname- Sijo. It’s a spanish bastardization of “Sea Hunt” (The TV show!) My mom loved it, but she couldn’t spell in english to save her life. :hahaha;

Well after first playing KH I really liked the way Kairi sounded. So I decided to use it here(being the only place someone else hadn’t used it). In another I like going by Areli because it sounds pretty when you say it right.
Now my screen name Xyanae is beyond me, same with my old on Zibiana. My dad took control and made my name stem off of my sisters(ixianae).

Originally posted by Sorcerer
Nah xelo, thats crap, you got it from a video game that you played and hated and took back to the store. NYAH.
Xelpherpolis is the name of the character. The Drunken Typos did the rest.

My name’s computer generated. I thought it was cool so I kept it.

A friend of my sister started calling me Jing-Jing [ying-ying], which is the only nickname I’ve ever had that I actually liked. Actually, I’ve only ever had two nicknames. =P It comes from my real name.

I was bored. Looked at my keyboard. Saw the letters <s>Q</s> W E R T <s>Y</s> <s>U</s> I O <s>P</s>…

Experimented a bit. Got what I got. Thought it was cool. End of Story. :hahaha;

And it’s funny, I still haven’t changed my nick, not even once. =)

Coicidence…

I was just going to go as Qwert Yuiop, but at the time I first joined RPGC when the EZ boards were still up and about, I was REALLY into Tenchi Muyo, especially Kagato’s character in the first OVA and the Universe series.

I guess I liked the character so much I started going by that name.

Come to think of it, I haven’t even thought about why my name is still Kagato… Guess it grew on me, like a pair of unwashed b0x0rsz you’ve worn for four months and it’s starting to develop it’s own personality or something.

So that’s how I got my name.

Btw, I did a thread on this months ago (What’s in a Name). So nyah nyah blayahn!!!1

It’s my name. Enough said.

My name comes from when I used to play Archmage. My normal name, MasterMage was taken, so I chose another name. I dont’ remember how I came upon StarStorm, but I liked it and kept it.

In the chat: “StarStorm_the_Spazzy_Fuzzball” In the archmage IRC channel (Along with the White Tower, the guild I was a member of), I went from the name StarStorm to SpasticCat. PErfect for a hyperactive, 400 pound bundle of cat hair and parts.

“Anja`s_Kitty-(whatever)” Is pretty simple if you’ve been around a while and have gotten the real names of some of the more well-liked among the staff.

“Kor” is a bastardization of a Nasty nickname that some Classmates put me, i liked it, so…i kept it :stuck_out_tongue:

Now, my IRC name came out a very silly idea…i was extremelly bored, so i decided to ripoff ClessAlvein’s name, and the first idea i came with was “RatixFarrence” (Star Ocean Main Character), a little after, i finished Star Ocean, i liked it a lot, so i just got stuck with it.

“Kor is now known as RatixFarrence”

I usualy tell people that the GG stands for something secret, but now I think it’s a good time to let the cat out of the bag.

A few years ago, I was trying to think of a new AOL screenname. At the time, I was very much into pokemon. I still am, accualy(Just the games, though), but it was pretty much the main thing I was into back then.

The GG is an abbreviation of my favorate pokemon, GenGar.
It doesn’t really stand for that anymore, but I like the way it sounds.

Crono…that’s self-explanitory. Chrono Trigger is my favorate game of all time. So it is, so it was, so shall it always be.

And the 4…well, I’ve always kinda liked that number for some unknown reason, and it sorta brings the whole name together. :hahaha;

I’ve used the name for damn near everything ever since.

And that, as they say, is that.

(Oh, and BTW, my sprite has purple hair beacause Gengar is purple. The rest of the colors were chosen semi-randomly.)

I always beeen, and always be, Booken the Blue
And yes, you can shut up about that other name. It never existed, m’kay? =P
The name came from Diablo. Creating a mage character for it, It was named after the way we learned magic in it : Books.
When I came here under this name, it always been the same. First it was some WC2 Blue Mage, it lacked… lots of movements and whatsnot. Then after a few months, I made those SD3 sprites, recolored a nice Royal Blue, for my own comfort. =)
My background quickly switched to some Secret of Mana / Elementalist Background.
Once in RPGC was a cool guy called Varan the Red. I nargued him by changing my name to Booken the Blue in the chat. It immediatly struck to me that I loved that.
As my background came more complex, I became a mage that kept wandering the lands for ages, without any precise goal, if not to collect some “Elemental Orbs”, creations of my own. Some title came to me… “The Lost Mage” … I loved it. Booken, Booken the Blue, The lost Mage. All those I used to design myself.
All those have stuck into my heart, and I shall never leave upon.

And if you keep wondering about the Booken{Kitsune} in chatrooms… well I been under some curse that make me morph into a 2-tailed fox upon contact with cold water. The said Kitsune form soon became a secondary form, for more cute, cuddable, and furry ‘physical contact’ ^^;;
Recently, I made my Kitsune form one of an Arctic Fox. Rather original…

And now today, we are present with a 3rd form, the RO Mage one. Its the one I use when I’m playing RO. Its exactly what the generic male RO mage looks like. ROMage-Booken is maybe my only 100% human form. =P