How can a necromancer be SO FUGGING COOL?!?!?

Recently, after the guest strip in 8-Bit Theater, I’ve taken to following Dominic Deegan.

I’ve been visiting thier forums, and I’d like to say that the event shown in this comic was a matter of a lot of speculation.

But seeing it is soooo fugging cool. Necromancers now officallly kick ass.

hear, hear! Nothin’s quite as kick-ass as taint, corruption, and perversion of life and order! necromancy r0xx0rz.

I assume you mean either Jacob or the one that killed his family?

Oh quiet VE.

There is nothing inherently evil about power over life and death. It is the wielder of the power that makes it evil.

Although that has yet to be seen.

I’m thinking it would be kinda assumed, LZY, but I don’t think that necromancer DID kill his family…

But yeah, Jacob. Definately Jacob.

Originally posted by StarStorm
[b]Oh quiet VE.

There is nothing inherently evil about power over life and death. It is the wielder of the power that makes it evil.

Although that has yet to be seen. [/b]

So, you’re saying you really don’t see bringing the dead back to… well, animation, at least, to be a perversion of nature’s intention?

And just for anyone curious, I was serous abotu my first statement.

And Seph: I thought the necromancer that ATTACKED, not killed, their family died.

Originally posted by Valkyrie Esker
hear, hear! Nothin’s quite as kick-ass as taint, corruption, and perversion of life and order! necromancy r0xx0rz.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with necromancy. It is a neutral art just like all of the magickal arts.

“Its not the art… its how you USE it.” :wink:

Necromancy isn’t just reanimation. There are some necromancers who think that the undead are abominations, and that want nothing better than to destroy them.

Originally posted by Valkyrie Esker
[b]So, you’re saying you really don’t see bringing the dead back to… well, animation, at least, to be a perversion of nature’s intention?

And just for anyone curious, I was serous abotu my first statement. [/b]

And so am I. There is nothing inherently evil about it. Sure, the idea is disgusting, but it’s not like they’re using it.

Heh. But seriously, my believe is that there is nothing evil about “dark magic”. It is simply the person who uses it that makes it evil. However, it does have more opportunities for corruption.

Meh. “The Event” do you mean when Jacob teared the skin off his arm or something else?

One would assume that I would be talking about today’s comic.

And looking at today’s comic also confirmed my belief that Gregory’s a naive little moron.

Could be, could be not. Jacob could be a rather interesting Magus-type character.

But meh, I’ll leave the speculation to the DD boards.

Oh, is the new one out? Cool.

Either way, watch the hordes of Jacob fangirls freak. laughs

I love that comic…and today’s plot pretzel only makes it better. :yipee:

Psh, I thought necromancers were way cool before they were in a comic or anything… The comic itself seems alright, perhaps I’ll look into it more, if it’s about necromancers.

NECROMANCERS ARE WUSSES.

The comic is good. I need to stop adding webcomics to the list of those I read, or I will end up spending days reading the ones I read.

Cool, and GG you’re right. Plot Pretzel he he he.

I’m gonna be booed, but I haven’t seen this Dominic Deegan yet. (Hey, too much good stuff out there to follow it all!) however, I agree that a necromancer can be a hero; I used to follow the NECROSCOPE series of paperback novels a few years ago. There’s been others, too.

However, there might BE some forms of magic that ARE naturally corrupting and evil; like tapping into the Old Ones for power. It just happens that many of these “Black Arts” often grant necromantic powers, but its an effect, not a cause.

BTE, Null, why don’t you like necromancers? Don’t like people stealing away your clients? : )

Originally posted by Nulani
I need to stop adding webcomics to the list of those I read, or I will end up spending days reading the ones I read.

If you get enough webcomics to read, you’ll be able to read new webcomics every waking hour, never having to wait for updates since by the time you read them all they’ll all have updated.

I don’t think Necromancy steals from Death. They use the bodies, though, which, as I recall, Mr. Waving Smilie has been taking and using for reasons I don’t want to consider.