Horror Movies

Now, I’ve got to tell you, that I am a big fan of stuff scary. I like being scared: however, it is near impossible for a movie to scare me. Stuff like that just doesn’t scare me, and it’s pretty hard for almost anything to scare me. I’ve only been truely scared a few times in my life, and only one of those times was I genuinly scared for my life.

So…scary movies. I watched Jason X last night and thought it was the dumbest movie I’ve ever seen. The scariest part was probably when he jumped through the window, but that’s straight out of the book of Resident Evil, so I wasn’t exactly terrified.

What’s your favorite scary movie? What movie has scared you the most?

I’m not one to get scared either, but I gotta say, Event Horizon, despite Sam Neil’s corny acting at times, was good.

For me, the scariest movie is The Ring. It isn’t scary a second or third time, but it is pretty scary the first time. The detective sort of stuff is also cool.

I am intrigued at how old people could be scared by old horror movies when they were our age.

Anyway, I feel just like you Sorc. the only movie ever to start getting to scare me was precognition.

So far I haven’t been scared by a single horror movie…
I flinch when things suddenly jump out and stuff like that, but I’ve never really been scared.

In fact the only thing that’s ever really scared me was the Cthulhu/bathroom thing… :slight_smile:

Oh, and btw… Can you guess what the worlds first, and scariest (everyone who saw it was scared halfway to death), scary movie was called?

ominous voice “The train arrives at the station”
(It’s true. It was the worlds most succesful scary movie <I>ever</I>.
It was a short clip showing a train arriving at the staion, towards the camera. People were horrified, because they were sure that they were going to be hit by the train.
(Yes, it was shown on the very first TV:s ever made, but that doesn’t change the fact that it was the scariest movie ever.
Neither does the fact that it wasn’t even supposed to be scary. :p))

You want a scary movie?! Go see night of 1000 corpses!!! It’s just scary that somone would think that shit up!! It was directed by Rob Zombie! Gross!

House of 1000 corpses sucked really bad. It wasn’t scary, just kind of sick.

I doint really do scary movies, but ive seen a couple.
The movie the shook me up the most was “The Langoliers”. :eek:

On another note, I once saw this old “horror” movie that’s…indescribable. “Killer Klowns from Outer Space”.

Yeah, that’s what it’s called. o_O

Clowns are evil.

I dont watch scary movies, mostly because they just aren’t scary.

The -scary- part of any ‘horror’ movie, is after when my imagenation desides it is time to play ‘Make kevin see things because I am such an asshole’ :stuck_out_tongue:

Ya, and that isn’t so scary either, mostly because I know that I am doing it :stuck_out_tongue:

What does scare me, is dreams that are horrific. Ya, those are fun. Because mine are vivid, I can never tell if it is realitiy or not.

So I don’t watch scary movies anymore, I wait for a scary dream to come along :stuck_out_tongue:

:kissy:

Judging by the previews and trailers I’ve seen on TV and in the theaters, I’d have to say that the scariest movie out there right now is The Lizzie MacGuire Movie.

The Horror! The Horror!

I don’t know about you, but the idea of people lining up to see THAT and the idea of people paying money to produce THAT film scares the shit out of me.

:wink:

I tend to not watch horror movies, but a couple films that got me good and scared in my chilidhood was Arachniphobia (saw it in the theatres at about age 10) and watching the 1958 Steve McQueen “The Blob” on tv at age 5.

I’m a fan of horror movies that arent all hack and slash…ones that have class I guess.I get scared extremely extremely easy, but the more I watch, the more I love horror, especially those television series like Scariest Places On Earth(which arent really horror, mind you).One of the few scary movies I’ve seen would be It…clowns just really strike a nerve with me and they really freak me out.I’m also tempted to see Carrie (ok, I admit Stephen King’s movies intruige me somewhat) the original version, I’m just debating whether it’s worth it or not, nothing to lose I guess.Movies like Scream and Dr Giggles make me sick and I really have no desire to rent them anytime soon…

Scariest flicks I ever saw were ‘In the Mouth of Madness’ and ‘Jacob’s Ladder’…they’re both more psycholocial horror than hack n’ slash, but twice as effective as the latter. O.o;

Horror flicks r0x0rz. :slight_smile:

i haven’t seen horror movies in a while, but i seem to remember a couple:
-The Howling
-Humongus
and of course that all time joke of a horror movie Evil Dead, dammit i know that’s not horror but it’s soooo cool :o

Speaking of that, my favorite Trash Movie is Brain Dead. Anybody ever seen it?

When I was a kid the Childs Play movies really freaked me out. ZI can’t think of anything recent though.

Event Horizon was pretty freaky. No other movie has really scared me though, but I still haven’t seen The Ring.

I love scary movies. Allot.

Event Horizon is the only movie to have scared the hell out of me since I was 4 and watched Aliens. I love being scared and I can say that Event Horizon is one of the best films I’ve seen (not counting X-2, LOTR, LOTR : The Two Towers, Star Trek : Nemesis and a few others).

Seven was the only movie to keep me up later than expected thinking about it since the “Mature Era” of my lifetime began. And it was the sanitized television version, I have yet to see the real thing.

I watched the Lizzie McGuire Movie.

I try not to watch scary movies, just because I can scare myself well enough on my own. I don’t need more fodder for the evil part of my imagination. Also, a lot of them usually involve gore in some way, and I simply can’t stomach that.

I couldn’t watch The Ring - it seriously scared me. My two friends wouldn’t let me leave the hotel room we were in while it was on until the part where you see the dead girl in the closet with her face all screwed up , and after that I went back to my room and watched The Practice while eating room service brownies and ice cream. I was the only one of the three of us to sleep well that night, ha ha.

A long time ago, I watched Event Horizon. I didn’t know there was gory stuff in it, and it was scary to me. It’s too bad I can’t remember how it ended.

edit - I have to mention Seven. I watched it, but I think it was the sanitized version. I found it creepy but not scary. I will say that i didn’t look directly at the screen at any potentially gory disgusting parts.