Hoooly shit:

I don’t see why it does either. My own point was made because of the ignorance shown with that initial comment. Call me anal, but oh well.

I don’t think commercial holiday means unholy holiday. My problem with christmas is the all-out spread blasphemy that people insist in supporting, which says that Jesus was born on Dec 25 (which conflicts with the bible). Here the church even supports this idea.

How is that blasphemy? Blasphemy towards pagan religions, or what? We can’t exactly just change an international holiday that has been reocognized for so long…I mean, if a lot of us know that Jesus wasn’t born in December, then it’s not exactly something that has been aiming to be kept secret in our time.

It’s blasphemy because it’s something that goes against the bible, yet the catholic church spreads it as something true.

The issue with Dec 25 is that it used to be the day of a pagan fest called “birth of the invencible sun”. To conquer some of the pagans, the church started telling them that the sun god they were worshipping was actually jesus, and started spreading that Jesus was born on that day. But Jesus was born in the spring.

Okay, a lot of people know this nowadays, but the point is that no one should have created the “Christmas is the birth of Christ” story to begin with.

I don’t even believe in the bible. How’s that for blasphemy? Just because the bible says that something is just, and right, doesn’t mean that that can be applied to today, or history, or whenever. if the Catholics are lying through their teeth then, well, boo on them.

Does it really matter when we celebrate the birth of Jesus, or things such as goodwill towards men, peace, giving, family, whatever? I see that as a bit of a spiteful thing to do on the catholic’s part (or whoever is actively spreading lies, but that’s not much of an issue these days anyway) but it’s not really a big, sinful thing I guess.

A blasphemy is something that goes against the “core” of the church. I, myself, blasphem (is this verb correct?) in a weekly basis. I’m just pointing at their hipocris of people who believe that the bible is the one source of information concerning Jesus, and then say something contradicting what’s written in their holy book.

Oh yeah, another thing… In my opinion, if people have a day (or a few days) in the year in which they are supposed to celebrate and practice charity, giving, love etc., then it’s implied that they don’t act by those ways on the rest of the days of the year.

Ah okay, gotcha. but like Hiryuu explained, there is a reason for that. Not that is makes anything okay, but still, it is not like everyone is in the dark about it now. If it is in the bible, then how many religious people will believe the lie?

You’re right about the holiday thing, yes, sometimes people are so cold, or so busy that they fail to tell someone that they love or appreciate them. Many people ignore the horrors of poverty, as well. It just comes down to this one time of year when people want to make a change for a short time to possibly justify their ignorance. I’m sure there’s many reasons, I’m just acknowledging one.

The only thing people are worshiping this christmas is the birth of the Nintendo DS.

That and Santa.

The other Sasarai is much cuter.

The DS is really cool. I was playing that Feel the Magic game on someone’s DS and it was mega-cool.

Yes, well, that Sasarai doesn’t have a stupid hat!

That feeling you felt, that was jesus, talking to you through the DS

I like presents. I have no idea what to get this year though. Anyone have any suggestions?

Well, RPGC isn’t exactly kind to new members. And then there’s your total lack of Mare Winningham. That adds to it as well.

And Lanyx–If you like books, music, movies, toys, etc., I suggest going over to Amazon.com and creating a wishlist. Then, you can use their recommendations feature to find stuff you didn’t even know you wanted. If nothing else, it should jog your brain to finding out what you want to get. My list has well over 400 items now. I populate it at work when I’m bored, which is often. Because my job sucks.