Hockeyhockeyhockey

I also second that claim. Good one JV :D.

I actually have a friend who lives right next to the Bell Center (where they play the hockey games in Montreal). He described the people coming out as pus flowing from an infected sore, screaming as if almost in pain as they attempt to forget about the mediocrity and failure their lives have fallen into.

On a separate note, the canadiens deserve to lose the fucking playoffs. WHAT THE FUCK?

it’s looking like a Red Wings - Pittsburgh final. Should be a good one, both for offensive hockey and television ratings (probably the most well known team nationally vs. the most well known player nationally). Bettman will be giddy.

that quadruple Sharks OT loss was amazing though, really thought they were going to finish the Red Sox Comeback (yes, I’m trademarking every down-3-0-but-win-the-series the Red Sox Comeback)

did anyone see Nabokov’s glove save innnn the first OT I think? Best glove save I’ve ever seen, should try to find some video of it.

All the OTs featured some acrobatic saves though. :o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spM4uUUW3-U Turco’s kick save. Plus the save Turco made at the start of OT #2

Jesus H Christ at tonight’s match. If Brown gets away with his trick with a mere 2-10, the net-through goal is a small price since if Brown gets 2-10, Jokinen should’ve had a 2-10 as well. (He got 5-20)

Also, I hope very much no other of our matches are being judged by the Russians, ugh.

Just came across OC Register Mark Whicker’s comment comparing baseball and hockey playoffs, and I find it quite amusing.

“The hockey playoffs are to the basketball playoffs what the William Tell Overture is to Chopsticks. It’s not that the basketball games lack juice. It’s just that the hockey games overflow with it. Short of war or a home invasion, nothing seems more imperative. Over the course of winning 16 games, players leave little chunks of themselves on the ice and basically get filleted in every game, and the most telling day is the one after elimination or total victory, when you find out that half the team is getting surgery.”

So, it looks like the stars are aligned – and I mean celestial objects, not Dallas – for the Detroit vs. Pittsburgh finale; I was expecting/hoping for this to transpire. I can’t pick the winner of the Cup though.

Gonna be one hell of a series! Gonna try to go to games 4 and 6 in Pittsburgh.

Grats to the Red Wings. They were clearly the best team in the NHL and deserve the cup. Well played.