Hockey Thread

http://www.calgaryflames.com/history/yearbyyear/96_97.html <—last year they were in the playoffs.

http://www.calgaryflames.com/history/yearbyyear/88_89.html <—last year they made it past the first round.

I don’t watch hockey, but uh… checking the official site always helps. =p

I was talking about the Canucks though. Didn’t they get pretty far not too long ago? I’d hardly call that “occupying the cellar”

No, I’m stating my opinion on a forum. And unwanted opinion, but an opinion.

I think the Lightning will win it. At least Tampa Bay has some good teams.

CoughTheDevilRaysBlowAtEveryThingCough

1993-1994: They made the Stanley Cup finals, lost to NY Rangers in game 7.
2002-2003: They made it to the second round, and lost to Minnesota Wild after being up 3-1 in the series.

That’s all in the last 10 years, every other year they failed to make it or lost in the first round.

Side note: In the 1994 playoffs, the Vancouver/Calgary first round series went to game 7 too. Exactly 10 years ago to the game tonight. >>

Manchester Phoenix

My Local team, lost in semis, no sliverware. And No way near the Stanley Cup.

My team for US, their Star… Martin St. Louis!! Yup. It’s Tampa Bay Lightning!!

Lets go Sharks!

You spoony hat!!! GO OTTAWA!!!

And in Game 7, the Montreal Canadiens upset the Boston Bruins 2-0. Go Habs.

Tough break for Raycroft, he had a really good game. Hell, he had a pretty good series.

My brother is sulking now mwuahhaha

<font>le sigh

le sigh<br>

Boo Ottawa, Toronto is going to kick some ass tommorow night. Just like the last couple times we faced you. knock on wood

Yeah, Tampa Bay should make it to the conference finals. They are facing Montreal, and unless Khabibulin and St. Louis catch the plague, they will probably win.

Vancouver and Calgary are going into OT right now. Calgary screwed things up big time. Oh well, boo Canucks, go Flames.

That was the greatest thing ever. Iginla shot and it hit a jacket or something some fan threw on the ice, then tripped over his own stick. Heehee.

Here I am, 10 seconds left and ready to post about a Flames upset.

Of course, the Canucks manage a goal. :smiley:

Oh well, it’s been a heck of a series so far. Auld’s been fantastic, Iginla’s played his heart out… it’s been a treat.

(If you live in the US and you’re watching: You lucky bastards. I am so close to wanting to hurt Chris Cuthbert. He’s so high-strung, it gets really irritating after 10 minutes.)

EDIT: Yeah Flint, that actually was pretty funny. :stuck_out_tongue:

He should be. Hockey just died. It’s over. Gone forever. I guess it’s destined to be shitty ever since the end of '93.

Unless Montreal, Toronto, or Ottawa manages to somehow win the cup, that is.

Fuck, if there’s such thing as an anti-orgasm, I’m having one now. That game was like Star Wars, only Luke dies.

EZBOARDER LIKES EZBOARDS ;_; runs away crying

I kinda feel sorry for my poor sap of a brother being a Boston team fan and new england patriot fan.

Would you at least wait until the second round to say that? :stuck_out_tongue:

It was a good game. At least you can’t totally blame Auld, or most of the Canucks for letting the Flames back in it. None of them really royally fucked up (other than Hedberg).

Whoa. I am NOT blaming the teams. Iginla worked hard for every goal he got. I’m blaming terrible calls like this:

Game 6:
<Ref> That flame just got a goal.
<Ref2> Yeah. He was highsticking, but he has a cool logo, so we’ll let him have it.

Game 7:
<Ref> Well, Vancouver just got the first goal of the game.
<Ref2> Hey, I have Idea. Let’s just NOT GIVE IT TO THEM :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
<Ref3> Sounds good :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Don’t get me wrong, Calgary had more than their fair share of bad calls as well, but they should not have won that series.

I hate how refs are obliged to be incompetent. And now I remember why I haven’t enjoyed hockey since the Canadians went all the way in 93. Playoff series have been nothing but tragedies since then. Panthers vs Avalanche comes to mind.