hmmm holy shit

Scratches on the disk aren’t a problem; the article says that the disks are inside of cartridges. Probably something like a 3.5" floppy disk, only smaller and with an optical disk inside instead of a magnetic one.

And Neo-Geo was succesful, as an arcade machine.

If they ported FFIII to it I’d buy it…

…why would they do that?

If they had an external base where you could put in PSX Cd’s and then connect with USB…

Originally posted by Vorpy
And Neo-Geo was succesful, as an arcade machine.

Yes, the MVS was successful.

But the home console wasn’t. Especially since the home console cost about as much, if not more, than an MVS machine.

Sounds cool, but expensive. I’m betting that it will go somewhere.

You see folks, this is the second sign of the Apocalypse. Next thing you know, there will be Gameboy cel-phones.

actually there’s a cell phone company trying to make a phone-console hybrid.

Originally posted by Sinistral
actually there’s a cell phone company trying to make a phone-console hybrid.

When the phone-toaster oven hybrid finally debuts that will be the day I buy a cell phone.

I saw that phone-console thing in a Game Informer magazine a while ago. It seems crappy. My hatred of Cell Phones isn’t exactly making the thing look good to me either…

If this handheld could let you play PS1 games it could easily beat out Gameboy, atleast in the RPG feild. Although Nintendo is bringing back Mother and Mother 2 (Earthbound) for Gameboy Advance. That could create a little compitition.