Hey you, with the self-abusive screen name! Skankin' Garbage!

Due to having zero content on the SaGa Maniac page, despite numerous people’s clamours for fan art, I’ve taken the initiative and am now uploading:

1. An extremely crappy pencil drawing of Zo the Elephant. I just wanted to draw Zo, regardless of whether I had the skill to do it (I didn’t).

2. A cartoon involving Yousei the fairy. I hope “fan art” includes cartoons…

Besides trying to get things running for the fan content, I am also opening myself up to hideous ridicule for my offensively bad drawing skills. I’m somewhere near the level of the “Tycho drawn” cartoons at Penny Arcade.

Hmm… forget uploading… I’ll link it here from my Photobucket site, which does have a few nice things regardless of what THESE drawings look like…

Hey.

Well, first of all, my name isn’t self-depricating; ‘Skank’ is a type of dance that’s associated with certain genres of music, like Reggae and Ska. Stinkin’ Garbage is a song I played in my percussion ensemble in high school. Combining them makes a funny, and personal (music-related, since that’s my passion in life) name. Now you know. :stuck_out_tongue:

Secondly…I really appreciate the gesture, but I don’t have the time and such to be working on the site…

1. I lost all the old content. :confused:

2. I have a lot of activities, so I rarely do computer work.

3. When I DO sit down to do site-related work, I have other, more pressing priorities, particularly the SaGa Frontier shrine. Even then, you usually don’t see work getting done on that stuff unless it’s Winter Break or Summer Break.

4. All the old founders of the club are gone. The original founder, sfsakana, says she doesn’t have the time or interest anymore (even though she appreciated what I did), and the other one, DragonFlare…well, I don’t even KNOW where she went. I never saw her, or even talked to her. Soooo…the community sort of just disbanded. I really wish I could find people who know HTML and have the time and passion to rise to the ocassion, cos while I’m interested in seeing a fan community for this series flourish, I don’t have the time to do it; especially not by myself. If you know anyone, lemme know…I’ll make sure your art is uploaded, heh :stuck_out_tongue:

Why would we need the founders of the old club (as nice as that little web page was)? Or a host for that matter? RPG Classics has given us webspace. It’s linked off the main page, although devoid of content, which I was trying to solve. If we really want a SaGa series community, we should be able to use what we’re given before looking for more. It’s easy to find a webhost for a few documents, but very hard to find it for a community-level site. RPGClassics gave us our own forum and a “Shrine” style webpage. So I think we would want to capitalize on that if we were really serious about building something.

PS: I find it hilarious that the “Favorite Novel” you listed is about burning books. A statement of your preferences in entertainment, eh?

PPS: I thought the “Skankin’” was supposed to refere to stealing, as in “gank” or “yoink”. Which would make “Skankin’ Garbage” = “Dumpster Diving”. Which is potentially the most offensive reply I could make there, but I’m honest so I say the wrong thing a lot. :ah-ha!:

At any rate, if you’re into Raggae, wouldn’t that make you actually BE a “Music al bum”?

On further examination I think my drawing skills may actually be WORSE than Tycho’s. I did make a pretty good anime-ish drawing in class the other day when there was nothing going on to really pay attention to:

Also, contrary to this picture, I DO like Pokemon a whole lot:

But now I’m just bleeding bandwidth for no reason.

Looks Yousei image Heh I never would have guessed. I’m so ashamed of that Fairy now. Wait who are the other two in the image supposed to be?

[QUOTE=Polygon]Why would we need the founders of the old club (as nice as that little web page was)? Or a host for that matter? RPG Classics has given us webspace. It’s linked off the main page, although devoid of content, which I was trying to solve. If we really want a SaGa series community, we should be able to use what we’re given before looking for more. It’s easy to find a webhost for a few documents, but very hard to find it for a community-level site. RPGClassics gave us our own forum and a “Shrine” style webpage. So I think we would want to capitalize on that if we were really serious about building something./QUOTE]

Okay, first of all, I don’t know if you’re aware of this or not, but I’m STAFF at RPGClassics :stuck_out_tongue: It’s my fault that we’re even here. Lemme give you the brief history of this community:

The community was founded by sfsakana, and perhaps others, on an online community site called communityzero.net. Eventually, there was a panic because it was going to become a paysite, and everyone wondered what they were gonna do with the community. Me, having a right to one subsite as a staffer, offered my space to the community; the plan was that I was going to recieve all the original content, make the mods of the board the corresponding mods of the community, and give them the password to the subsite.

What wound UP happening was,

1. I have to change the community content to match RPGC format standards, which is a pain in the ass for me cos I’m already bad at html, and I do a lot of “real life” stuff.

2. I could have made a sample page and showed the founders or whoever else, but no dice; sfsakana e-mailed me back after like, a YEAR, and DragonFlare dissapeared off the face of the earth.

3. Since then, I’ve lost the original content and don’t know anyone that has it (Saint Ajora might still have it, but I don’t even know, heh)

and

1. I’ve found no one willing to rebuild the damn community.

I’m not sure why you think I said we needed a host when we already have one, courtesy of ME. :stuck_out_tongue: The problem is, I don’t have the time to make this site happen anymore, but i have no one to pass the torch to, so the site is just stuck in limbo until someone does. When that person is found, I’ve got an entire subsite space waiting for them. :stuck_out_tongue:

Did you ever find the original content? I’m interested in this!

No, and the whole thing went to hell in a handbasket. If someone wants to take up the cause, I wouldn’t mind, and I could probably even see about hosting it on RPGClassics, but that ship has come and gone for me.

Find me the material. I wanna put together a test site. If you like it, I can be an admin or something, or you can just copy and paste it onto the shrine.

If I do become an admin, I wanna merge our data with the shrine. Well, I might not want to… I gotta see it first.

What was it? A forum, or a collection of info?

Send it to me!