Hey- new Metallica fans!

http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/record-reviews/m/metallica/st-anger.shtml

I rest my case.

Okay, I’ll say that I liked a few of the tracks, but I really didn’t like St. Anger or a few of the other tracks. It’s not that they were bad, just that they were nothing different that all the junk we’ve already heard.

I still like Enter Sandman and Ain’t My Bitch the best.

Originally posted by Cala
I still like Enter Sandman and Ain’t My Bitch the best.

Cala, you’re a great person, but you’re taste in music isn’t one of the reasons I like you.

j/k :wink:

I prefer the instrumental “To Live Is To Die.” Thanks to Gila for letting me hear that one. :slight_smile:

Is anyone other than me sick of hearing about this fucking “St. Anger”? Aren’t there other bands that have released other CDs?

And doesn’t everyone hate Metallica for helping to bring down Napster?

http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/record-reviews/r/radiohead/hail-to-the-thief.shtml

Sure thing, X.

And I hate St. Anger. I’m just rubbing it in because I’m such a nice guy.

Pitchfork kicks ass.

And everyone who’s reviewed that thinks it sucked.

Favorite song from St. Anger = Invisble Kid

Originally posted by Epicgamer
Okay, I’ll say that I liked a few of the tracks, but I really didn’t like St. Anger or a few of the other tracks. It’s not that they were bad, just that they were nothing different that all the junk we’ve already heard.

that’s kind of how I feel. It wasn’t exactly a bad album, it’s just not exactly anything … exceptional, which is to be expected from this band.

I’d have to say the best Metallica songs are on the first 4 albums… Anything else is just good, but not awesome. Well, maybe there’s exceptions.

I can’t listen to St. Anger. If that godawful title track is anything like the rest of it the guitar is butchered so badly it makes me want to cry.

I just got through listening to some of their new songs and wow. Just as good as always.

Real metal bands stop when they know they haven’t got the talent to do it. Example, Divine Syndrome. I know no one’s heard of them (though with my blatant fanboyism of this particular band, who could blame you?), but they only have one album. They didn’t make another one because they couldn’t find a guitarist GOOD enough to play for them.

Oh, and St.Anger sucks, just to stay on topic. I’ve listened to the main title track, and I would consider Christina Aguilera to be more metal than this.

Roun, I was talking about my favorite Metallica songs, you dolt. I don’t have an all-time favorite or anything, except maybe “Live for Today” (I think that’s the name, dunno the band (from the 70s/80s))…

Originally posted by Igatona
Example, Divine Syndrome. I know no one’s heard of them (though with my blatant fanboyism of this particular band, who could blame you?)

Well, actually I’ve heard of them… through you. :stuck_out_tongue:

Originally posted by Cala
Roun, I was talking about my favorite Metallica songs, you dolt. I don’t have an all-time favorite or anything, except maybe “Live for Today” (I think that’s the name, dunno the band (from the 70s/80s))…

Notice the strategically placed j/k, pants. :stuck_out_tongue:

Originally posted by Rountree
[b]Cala, you’re a great person, but you’re taste in music isn’t one of the reasons I like you.

<strike>j/k ;)</strike>

I prefer the instrumental “To Live Is To Die.” Thanks to Gila for letting me hear that one. :slight_smile: [/b]

Oh. That j/k? :stuck_out_tongue: