Hey, lookit me, I'm famous...

Congratulations. You just got a lisence, you just lost a lisence. Bravo?

I hope you manage to deal with it. Good Luck. :cool:

I’ll do whatever I want, hat!

I hate to say this, but I agree with Hades on the whole status symbol idea. I didn’t get my license until I was 17 mostly because I didn’t care about the whole being able to drive thing. I congradualate your non-conformity stance!

I got my license a few months ago and it’s been the greatest thing ever. It’s not much of a status symbol if you have a shitty car, so I don’t see where you got that idea from.

Mostly everyone hyped it up for me and I really didn’t care all too much. I suppose I am wrong about the status symbol thing. I just hung out with a guy who loved cars a bit too much and I reacted negatively to that.

… I thought he was a girl too. :thud:

I’m glad you’re OK, but it’s hard for me to feel sorry for people when they get into wrecks whenever I hear that alcohol or excessive speed is involved in the accidents. You play with fire, you get burned.

Glad you’re ok. When can you get your license back?

Ouch! Sounds like things went FUBAR… It was good to know that no one was injured, but I get the feeling it’ll take a while before you get your license back.

For me everyone was just all like “Oh it symbolizes freedom!” or “You HAVE to have one to do ANYTHING!” and like, just no :stuck_out_tongue: I’m pretty fucking free just getting rides or walking places, and I can easily do anything I have the money for without a car. And fuck, it’s not like there’s any shortage of people to get a ride from, either. Isn’t there like two to three cars per person in north america? That’s fucking insane and stupid.

I have to agree with that. Why the heck does everyone want a car? It just sends air pollution levels soaring, and you always risk getting killed by drunkards and sunday drivers. I think it would be a lot better if governments invested on public transport networks instead of wasting a year’s budget building stadiums and the like.

It’s even more dangerous to not be in a car when stupid drunks are driving around. There’s no less chance you’ll get hit (streets don’t have protective barriers), and you have half a tonne of steel not protecting you.

But I agree with the public transportation thing. More environmentally friendly, cheaper, and fares could be used to improve the ride, make it smoother, cleaner, it would create more jobs, and the surplus money could be used on other things like fixing roads.

And on top of that, there would be LESS drunk driving going on, because there would be less driving in general going on.

The only problem would be whether or not fares would compensate for a massive blow to international car trade.

Unfortunately, the people in charge of public transport companies seem more interested in squeezing money out of people than in improving the quality of the service. Even though the vehicles themselves seem to have at least decent, the fares go up every year.

Public transportation is dirty. My mother has never let me take the bus because she thinks someone will touch me or kidnap me. Sadly, this sort of thinking has affected me, and I, in turn, believe that it may happen if I ever take the bus :stuck_out_tongue:

I want to get my license because I’m one of the ones who thinks it symbolizes freedom. You’re not learning how to drive for anyone, but yourself. You can pick up and go whenever you want, without having to rely on someone else’s schedule. That’s the way I see it. if I wasn’t so pressured by my parents to do so after graduation, I’d probably not get my license since I don’t think I’m that responsible yet, but yeah.

It’s easier to kidnap someone on the street than on a bus packed with people, although I’ll give you that it’s easier to cop a feel. In any case, you take those risks simply by stepping out of your house; getting on a bus, train or subway really makes no difference.

I’m going to get my license just for the sake of precaution, but I’m not likely to use it much. It’s just that amongst my relatives (The ones that live less than two hours away at least) there are only two drivers (One of them being my 82 year old grandfather), so having someone else able to get behind a wheel is certainly a plus. Of course, hell will freeze over before I can afford a car.

Tell that to my mom, sigh.

Can we get some details of what exactly happened, Cala?

The important thing is that you and your friends are Ok, Cal.

Good luck with the charges.

Yeah, ditto. That, and I’m not entirely confident in my driving skills yet.