Help.

I wanna get a new game.

Not an rpg and under 60 bucks.

I am thinking of Silent Hill 3, or Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution.

What do you guys think I should get???

Those are two excellent choices, if you want to waste your hard earned money.

Soul Calibur 2 owns Virtua Fighter 4 anyday. I’d put your money there if I were you.

I like Cheese
…on another note get Soul Caliber 2.

Yep, can’t go too wrong with SC2.

How much would SC2 be??? In Canadian Dollars?

I really like to waste my money on games.

No idea. Aren’t there things you can find off Google for working this kind of thing out?

I don’t think so.

SC2 would cost more than 60, especially in Canadian money. I’m guessing around $79.99.

With taxes, SC2 costs me about $65 CDN. But since I put down a preorder and have paind $10 already, it’ll cost another $55.

bah, everyone’s getting SC2. VF4: Evo sounds like a promising sleeper.

Hmm, now that I think about it, Silent Hill 3 might be a good game to get. the first 2 are awesome, so I’m guessing the 3rd is aswell.

I decided to get SH3.

Part 1 and 2 were awesome and the story made you really think.

Deus Ex, System Shock 2, Half-Life, Starcraft, Metal Gear Solid 2, Metal Gear Solid, etc.

There’s plenty of games to choose from. It’s really up to you to take a gander through the bargain bin and see if there’s anything that you recognize as being a good game, because there’s just far too many to recommend here.

Now, if you mean <em>new</em> as in made in about the last year, then it gets tougher. GBA probably has the best low-cost games. The Castlevania games are all good on GBA, as are the Advance Wars games, and Metroid Fusion isn’t great, but it’s still a good game for the price.

Well, I am getting SH3.

Anyone ever played it?

You guys have any other suggestions?

Heard that SH3 is a good game…but kinda short.

Originally posted by Doober
Heard that SH3 is a good game…but kinda short.

True enough. I finished it in 8hrs, and that was me taking my time. Also . . . probably a bit late, but I didn’t find it half as scary as the previous two games. A few moments are etched on my brain forever, but other than that . . .

Maybe I’m just used to the kinda stuff SH has to throw at you. Still, it’s a fairly nerve-jangling game, and quite enjoyable (if that’s the right word :thud: ) while it lasts. I’d play it again for the soundtrack alone.

Oh! I never got my questions answered in the chat… but… Lunar… how is the gameplay for the SH series? Like… is it like Parasite Eve… or maybe more like Resident Evil?

Originally posted by Mercenary09
Oh! I never got my questions answered in the chat… but… Lunar… how is the gameplay for the SH series? Like… is it like Parasite Eve… or maybe more like Resident Evil?

It’s like Resident Evil, but also completely different.

The controls are like Resident Evil. Only Similarity.

Story is really komplex and you need to think about it, unlike RE’s lame story.

Gameplay: There are more puzzles than action in this game.

Scaryness: RE relies on “jumpy” moments, while the atmosphere in SH is really scary.

Yeah, SH has a constant unsettling atmosphere, whereas RE relies on key moments to scare the living daylights out of you. The gameplay is similar to RE, with the use of weaponry and the pivotal rotation of the character, but it’s not quite as . . . wooden, if that’s the right word. Besides, half the time it’s more beneficial to run the hell away from whatever’s chasing you, especially the flying buzzsaw enemies - I don’t think I ever managed to bring one of those down >.>

Heather’s aim often leaves a lot to be desired, but SH always did go for the more realistic approach. Considering she’s never picked up a gun before, it’s to be expected.

Ooh… ahh… thanks… (to the wonderful people not in the chatroom :P)