Help SG decide on his next review!

You left out Dragon Force. :expressionless:

Cause you’re a dink. Go play it.

Mass Effect and ToV are excellent games. ToV is the best of the series, hands down. I know what you mean about the anime thing and I agree completely that its usually retarded or annoying. ToV isn’t like that. Surprisingly. It is one of the best classical RPGs to come out in years. Its also very fun to play with up to 4 people. Highly recommended.

What? Beyond the Beyond and Eye of the Beholder are the greatest things to ever come into existence!! Take it back and review both of them, right now. Minimum of 100 pages, though I’m sure a full length encyclopedia could be just as easily written.

FFT.

SG: maybe these comments will help you choose:

I played Legend of Legaia. It was fun, but nothing special. The block-type early CGI takes a bit out of it, in my opinion.

Wild Arms 1 is one of the best games ever. Great characters, great story, great gameplay. Only thing that sucks: the graphics. Again, the CGI is too early-day to impress; the battle scenes looked like you were using LEGO figurines. Ugh. Thank Goodness they remade it as Wild Arms F. All the original goodness plus GREAT graphics and a few new options. Winner!

You found Wild Arms 2 confusing? Are you serious?? I admit its translation was bad, but the story itself was pretty straightforward. I found FF Tactics and FFX more confusing.

I’ll admit that Star Ocean 2 is tricky. I played it with a guide, and all the choices you had to make were hard; I can only imagine how frustrating playing without a guide must be!

I also played Granstream Saga, and got quite a bit into it- before the store I rented the game from closed, so no, I never finished it. I do have the guide of the game, though, so I know the ending (and it’s REALLY a twist!) I’ts really more of a Zelda actioneer than a real RPG. The only original idea was the “sceptre” (which was actually a bracelet (?) and its power to recreate things. Again, it had early-style CGI.

Hope that helped.

legaia was actually a really interesting game, when you especially consider it’s one of the earliest RPGs for the playstation.it was just hard as hell, and i hated the money drop rate. I was constantly saving up money to buy equipment from the last town i visited - I don’t mean the current one, I mean the one previous to the current one.

I played Legaia a VERY long time ago and not for very long, and I only remember one thing about it: I felt perpetually underpowered. I think it’s a pretty grindy game.

From the ones you mentioned I personally would like to see you review Lehend of Legaia,Parasite Eve and Brave Fencer Musashi.However there is one game I have that I have never seen mentioned in this forum that I was always curious about to here about and that is the GBA/PSP SRPG Yggdra Union,Maybe I will take the initiative and make a thread about it,maybe.

Funny that you should mention that since I was plotting to go through that one once I got done with Riviera (and I’m pretty close to the end of that one too). But if you still want to do it then don’t let me stop you.

I played Riviera for like twenty minutes and was already over it. I can’t remember the last time I got bored with a game that quickly. I heard Yggdra Union and Knights in the Nightmare were good…but I’m going to wait until someone sits me down and forces me to play them, first.

I agree

I liked the story. I don’t really like the silent protagonist thing, but the other characters are all pretty decent (master teacher & songi ftw!). Battles system was different than what i was used too, but very refreshing and easy to understand.

What i really didn’t like about this game were the minigames… i usually don’t dislike fishing minigames, but this one really sucks, it’s probably the most boring i ever played! The other minigames are a bit better at first, but since you have to play them a lot in order to get some hidden seru magic, they become old really really fast :\

It’s been a while since i played this, but i’d say you need at least 45-50hours to go through this game (getting all the extra goodies and stuff)

Play/Review Valkyrie Profile(PS1) instead! :stuck_out_tongue:

Suikoden’s fishing game was bomb

Just review the greatest game of all time…

Chess.

Fuck you, man. Go is much better than chess! Review Go!

I had a lot of fun playing Culdcept Saga, but mostly for the multiplayer when it was activate at SA. The single player section wasn’t the greatest as the story was bah and the AI was very cheap. Other words, review it and prepare to smash a controller.

Alright, so, it’s looking like my next two games are going to be:

• Panzer Dragoon Saga, which was unexpected for me, lol

• Black Sigil: Blade of the Exiled, because there’s an infinitesimal chance I might need to review it for Gamer Limit.

But, I have written down all the games I’m going to try and get to, right here:

Alundra
Valkyrie Profile
Wild Arms
Legend of Legaia
Dragon Force (See 984, I didn’t forget about you!)
The Granstream Saga
Megaman Legends
Brave Fencer Musashi
Parasite Eve
Lunar SSSC
Vagrant Story
Growlanser

…And, I’ll write up a review of SaGa Frontier 2 next week some time. :stuck_out_tongue:

It looks like you didn’t forget about me either. :smiley: Dinky yeah!

I’m also looking forward to Valkyrie Profile, Vagrant Story, and Lunar when you get around to those.

Phantasy Star or Arc The Lad. I need an incentive to play the latter, you know.

On Alundra, while it was fun when you uncovered new areas, I remember the plot twists being absolutely silly and some puzzles were of the cheapest variety. All in all I’m positive to it, but was it cheap.

IIRC, you didn’t like the Mario & Luigi games. I’d like to see your take on them, mainly because I found them among the most fun and enjoyable games I’ve recently (for certain values of recently) played.

I’ll admit I’m interested in Black Sigil: Blade of the Exiled. Unfortunately, the one review I found for it said it was terrible.

VP should be very good. And I’m looking into possibly playing Lunar. Maybe in a week or two. As for Black Sigil…I hear it’s hit or miss depending on who you talk to. Haven’t played it yet, but it’s got that old-school charm. Though there seems to be some nasty bugs hanging about…