"Help me out, Scottie!" or where are you Scott Morgan?

Back in the 90’s during the heyday of the SNES and Super Famicom RPG’S the “Guru of the RPG’S”;“King of the Video Game Players” was unquestionably Scott Morgan of San Jose, California- if anyone got stuck on a RPG game and needed help and no one else could figure out the answer - Scott Morgan could- Scott was so good at RPG’s that it is said the reviewers at the major game magazines and even the game councilers at Nintendo frequently asked him for help on SNES or Super Famicom RPG’S- i know- He helped me and my husband out many times- He was the guy to ask if nobody else could figure it out-Every notable RPG player throughout the country would eventually ask, “Help me out, Scottie!” and i always loved his intricate game artwork he drew on envelopes when he would write you with like a map showing something hard in a game- i would really like to know where Scott is now- He was the best in the country; the master of the RPG.i saved 2 of the envelopes he wrote my husband with some explanatory maps and details on Dragon Quest 5 and Breath of Fire- if you needed help with a game that required a written response Scott always drew artwork of the game on the envelope!To own one of those envelopes by the Master of the RPG is a real honor-Does anyone else on this board have any of his envelopes- here are 2 he wrote my husband -

I don’t, but that’s some nice artwork. Although I’m a bit surprised you didn’t blur out the addresses. Now we all know where you live. :mwahaha: Or, where you lived at least.

Back in 1994 i belonged to the club RPG Completers- They published a monthly newsletter with the names and addresses of every member- That is because we corresponded by mail or telephone back then- No one minded about having their name and address published in the newsletter that i knew of- also no one used nicknames then - that is now- everyone just used their real name back then except for Scott Morgan - everybody called him Guru- which he said bothered him a bit- and Scott used to know if a gamer was calling him because the first thing they would say is, “Help me out, Scottie!”-i still have most of the letters the members of that club wrote me and my husband- not just Scott’s- but he is the only one who drew artwork from games on the cover of the envelope- i even have some of the letters from the president of the club, Sarah Collings of Mound Minnesota- Where is she now???

Back then, people were safer and more trusting. Today, you can’t trust anyone except those closest to you. And you can NEVER trust someone you’ve met online, except in very rare circumstances. Remember all those stories about girls/boys meeting someone in a chatroom and then getting raped/killed once they meet IRL? They aren’t all fiction, you know.

Besides, back in '94, nobody had e-mail, and the internet was still tiny and nearly useless. (I remember, when I first used it in grade 4, (10 years ago), the only thing I knew about it was that I could get information about Dragon Ball Z. Yes, that’s ALL I used it for back then. (I was only 8 years old, give me a break!)

I have enough trouble trusting people enough to give out my name IRL, let alone on the internet. I first used it about ten years ago, and the only thing I knew about the net then was that I could find pretty much whatever I wanted on it. I immediately grasped the concept of online gaming when Quake first came out, despite the fact that I am the worst FPS player in the history of mankind. In fact, if a game is not an RPG, strategy, fighter, or puzzle game, I suck at it.