Help me Obi-wan Kenobi, you're my only hope...

Well, i’ve tried everything else I could think of, so I come to the refugee of the damned (No insult intended >_>). My 3-d capabilites of my computer seem to be shot. I get this error: Direct3D test results: Failure at step 8 (Creating 3D Device): HRESULT = 0x887602eb (error code). This happens whenever I run the test diagnostic on the DirectX Direct3d acceleration. Im not sure if its the card, or some software troubles. The problem occured after playign Seas of Catan (Sin can atest to that, I couldn’t play the game after minimizing/maximizing it once.) I’ve already tried reinstalling directX, updating it, and im pretty sure I tried reinstalling the drivers (though I could be wrong, I forget >>). All were to no avail. If you choose to help me, thanky. -Ack"the guy who rarely posts on the message board" bar.

What kind of video card do you have?
What version of DirectX are you running?
What’s your operating system?

It’s an NVidia Geforce 2 MX/MX 400 , I currently have version 8.1 (though it didn’t work for 9.0c either, as i’ve said), and my operating system is Windows 98.

ouch.

By diagnostic tool, you mean “dxdiag” right?

Sounds like an error contacting the device through AGP. Do you have the motherboard drivers still, and are you able to reinstall them? (all or perhaps only the agp drivers)