HELP ME FIND A GOOD ANIME!!!!

I dont recall that being in Akira or many other oldschool type.
What I dont like about freeze frame yelling is that it is usually something incomprehinsible and off topic from the subject of the conversation(they ussualy have an extremly annoying voice).

But if it is brief and verey rare,its not so bad,I dont have a verey good view on Anime because most of them that I have seen are what my brother watches(and that is some of the most extremegeek stuff that I have ever seen,all the most annoying such as DBZ,XLSaga,Pokemon Island,Yu-Ghi-O,and other verey geeky stuff.

Mature plots(to me) are what I have listed in the first post of this thread.

Go see Full Metal alchemist. I recommend it like RPT recommends Scrapped Princess. Neither are what they seem at first, and both have excellent animation and plots, and I MEAN excellent. See them both.

Hmm, then maybe you should try not judging the channel by Dragon Ball Z and Yu Yu shit-kushow.

InuYasha has a decent story, as does Witch Hunter Robin. There ARE some good shows on Adult Swim, you just have to give them a shot instead of assuming.

All must haves.

I thought by freeze frame you meant still frames. Like in fight scenes when they say they are fighting, but nothing is actually being animated. Then someone yells an attack name. For instance, you see that in speed racer

And about mature plots, you just wont find that very often. So read manga instead. WEll they do have Wolf’s Rain on cn but its only on once week. Oh and here’s a really good anime:
http://sputnik7.com/vod/anime/animeevents/anime006_votoms/index.jsp?go=yes

No, it’s not hentai. It’s the same guy that made Galaxy Express 999 for pete’s sake! There’s a lot of gratuitious nudity for absolutely no reason, I admit, but the enjoyment of the anime isn’t detracted by it.

by immature I mean stuff such as pokemon,yu-gi oh,cartoon network stuff,and the like.

Mature,to me is stuff like Galaxy Express(as I remember),spirted away(even though it is family),castles in the sky(family again),ect. .

I know you mean kiddy anime. But I dont understand what you mean by “What I dont like about freeze frame yelling is that it is usually something incomprehinsible and off topic from the subject of the conversation(they ussualy have an extremly annoying voice).”

Do you mean
-Those poorly made action scenes that aren’t really animated
-Those episodes that aren’t in the original manga
-Parts in anime when they have funny music in the background and people say nonsenical things

Do you have an example of teh whole freeze frame thing.

kiddy anime is not the only kinf that I dont like I also as stated dislike ultra/super/extremogeek anime(allot of you know what I am talking about :hahaha; :mwahaha: :suckah: )

But there are some iddy anime that I do like.
Spirted Away
My Neigbor Totoro
Castles in The Sky

big action sequences have to be backed up by a really good story and dialouge.
(I dont care how bad the action is as long as the plot is not paper thin like some anime that I have seen,alot that I have seen are just an annoying girl(personality) that has a pervert sidekick that just keeps trying to get laid than focusing on what has to be done,which is not verey relavant (to me)
and detracts you from what is suposed to be going on.

I dont read much Manga(only the first volume of Chobit,which was not too impressive,and filled with immature sexuality,always typical in the typical(that make sense)that I have seen Anime/Manga)so I wouldent know the difference
between an episode they made that wasent in The Manga or a volume of The Manga that wasent made into an episode,or a scene in a movie that is not from a series but frome one Manga that was left out.

Funny background music dosent typicaly bother me,but nonsense things usauly do.

what about Tenchi Universe? but if your not into all that " he’s my man, bitch!" situations then this is not for you. In my opinion , I dont think its a kiddy anime. and it has all that sci-fi crap you like!yay! :biggrin: well maybe for like 10 episodes :too bad: but the rest is good. :cool:

Trigun! It has action, but the action is supported by the awesome story! (I never get tired of recommending this series :hahaha;)

Another good one, IMO, is Vampire Princess Miyu. There’s a four episode OAV, and a 26 episode TV series. Both are separate entities from the other. This one’s kinda dark and depressing, though.

true, Trigun is awesome, but this dude wants that sci-fi space stuff

I still dont totally know what you mean by the whole freeze frame thing. I do notice though in most anime the characters stand still and talk.

Chobits isnt clamp’s best work, you gotta try soemthing like X or Tsubasa

Kiddy Anime?
I dont nessecarliy mean kiddyu Anime.

Spirted Away is for kids(well its family),and so is My Neighbor Totoro,and Castles in The Sky.
and I like them,because they are not plagued with immaturtey.

sci-fi space stuff?
I like bleak futures.

The only one I mentioned that was space and sci-fi was Galaxy Express.
I dont consider Akira sci-fi,its more fantasy to me(Yes There Is A Difference )
Spirted Away was fantasy.
Metroplis is a little bit of a hybrid.
:suckah:

I like depressing stuff.

If you like depressing stuff, then Miyu is definitely for you! The first time I saw the TV series was at my local anime society, and the comment that always stuck out in my mind from it was when one of the other people said: “Can’t she save anybody?!”

Trigun has a ‘bleak future’ in that humanity is struggling to live on a desert planet, but they have learned to cope. Some areas flourish, and have most of the conveniences we have today, while other parts of the world are barren, and survival is a daily struggle. However, the ‘bleak future’ is more of a backdrop than the main focus.

And Mitsuko, Trigun does have a sci-fi element, if not much of a space one. You just need to keep watching in order to see it.

I state bleak in a couple things.
symbolicly,as in Akira
litterly,as earth in Galaxy Express 999:Adieu(as I remember, only saw this once or twice a LOONG time ago,way back in the mists of the 90’s :fungah: :booster: :enguard: :bowser: :ulty: :fungah:

and I guess how you stated.

There are a lot of post apocalyptic anime. WEll Gundam X sounds like one you should see.

They jump up into the air,the animation stops,all except for there mouth,while hanging in the air the ramble off somthing totaly offtopic.

That explanation enough?