Hell is Other People

I cleared Naxx two and a half years ago

e penis.

I was about to clear Naxx with my guild, then the whole shitstorm over a disenchanted green came, and the guild cracked.

Seriously, when our guild had 9 people, and one from outside the guild, she kicked one of our dps, and when I asked about it and said that maybe it was a bad idea to kick someone over a green, I got the kick too. And I was one of two main healers.
Since I had a friend next to me who was still in the guild I got to hear that she threatened with Gdisband if people didn’t shut up.

Wow. I’m glad I joined the game well after the ‘50 dkp minus!’ days and the raid mentality. I was lucky to fall into a guild made of people I knew mostly from outside WoW and who were cool with little things like ‘real life’ taking priority over the game.

Depends what you want to do Spoon. Progress demands individual sacrifice.

To a point. But I’m in the middle of finishing a Masters program, and I’m not about to jeopardize it just so I can run Naxx. When I can spare time, I’ll run with the guild, but no one is so demanding that they get on anyone’s case if they have to miss stuff. And if people fall behind gear-wise, usually we’re all willing to help people catch up, when the time can be alotted.

Maybe it’ll change when 3.1 hits and we see what Ulduar gives us. Word is that Ulduar will require much more coordination and effort than Naxx. But for now, the main raid content is fairly straightforward, with just a few encounters that have given us trouble, mostly for lag issues.

Really, all I want to get out of WoW is to see most of the content and have fun while doing it with the guild. I’m not obsessed with maxing out my DPS or whatever (usually). I have my sights set on the best gear available to me, but I’m not in a hurry to get it. And the rest of the guild is cool with that attitude, hell, many of them share it.

Comrade Sinistral, he means the Glorious Revolution of the People will be served better by his amassing knowledge in his Master’s program, so that all may benefit. Peace.

I remember back when I used to raid (when I actually used to play!). Luckily, I did find a pretty good guild on my server (Horde side - Eternal Rest). Never had many problems with them, but of course I had a hard time keeping up with their schedule (work, school, etc.). But we did a shitload of Kara, Gruul and all sorts of fun shit back in the day. Wasn’t until after I quit they started getting really far into stuff like Black Temple.
Was already a laugh listening to everybody on Vent, since they usually talked about some funny stuff.

I kinda wish I could get back into the groove again, but with the way things are now, I really need to get through school so they can stop stealing my money (greedy bastards).

Naxx is supposed to be a joke instance so that people who didn’t get to experience it when it first came out would have a chance. Naxx is not what WotLK raiding is going to be.

Yeah, probably.

We all know it’s going to get harder. And the only reason we haven’t fully cleared Naxx yet is because we’ve only recently gotten enough people ready to run it, and our attempts were plagued (lol) by lag problems which have just recently been fixed. Seriously, it’s not fun doing the Heigan dance, or trying to keep Grobby moving right when you think your character is standing in one spot and the game thinks they’re somewhere else. As far as I’ve heard, everyone raiding Naxx on Uther has had difficulties due to lag to some extent. It’s not due to a lack of gear or skill on our part. Otherwise, any other boss that didn’t require us to have to deal with lag we’ve burned down pretty effectively.

I’m expecting more interesting encounters in Ulduar. Especially considering Naxx is largely recycled from Vanilla WoW (as I understand it, I never did get to see original Naxx). I’m looking forward to seeing a newly constructed raid instance for WotLK. And, if Halls of Stone is any indication, we’ll probably get bludgeoned with the Lore Bat, too.

I’ll believe it when I see it firsthand. <_<

I don’t know, I didn’t really mind the other people. The excessively long amounts of level-up time were my only qualm with the game. Basically, the part of it that is really actually fun is raiding. I don’t want to half to do mindless busy work for like twenty hours before I can play the real game.

From what I’ve heard Naxx is pretty much completely retarded compared to what it was. I have yet to step into it because I’ve been leveling a Warrior (who I just got around to start leveling… have had computer problems for a long while now) who’s about to get pimped.

Well, since the old Naxx was supposed to be the final tier instance of WoW Classic, it was pretty nasty. Yes.
And now… Well, I’ve only done ten-man, but we cleared all the wings on our first week without any major trouble. Only ran into a dead stop at Sapphiron because no one had any frost res gear.
And we probably could have done it anyway, but it would just have taken a lot of gold (repairs) before we got it right.

Heck, our biggest problem were retarded players.
We had to get two randoms for our last slots at the start. We only had 7 people + one from outside the guild, before some friends of our guild master transferred.
So yeah… 10-man, at least, is a joke. We took pick-ups for our first tries and still cleared the wings in a week.