Having trouble...

For the server? A ton probably. Unfortunately, it looks like it’s more errors in the programming (like being unable to update or causing boxes to disappear) that make the mistakes, than actually viruses. Maybe if xing just got it working and then stopped messing around with it, it might keep working. I don’t know. Remember a couple of weeks ago he put ikkle piccies next to the categories? Maybe that did something…

Dunno, they used to have those pictures last year if I recall correctly…

Frankly I don’t care much as long as it stays up.:slight_smile:

Yeah, and works. I want those reviews to know if I’m doing good as much as everyone else :stuck_out_tongue:

Ypou are as good as everyone else. Magus series rocks of ehat I’ve read. ^_-

laughs Thanks :slight_smile: Just you wait, I’m not done with the alternate Janus just yet. Dalton still has to develope a hatred for Lai and Slash needs to… uhm… get forced into joining the heroes for a little ^^;;

Slash as a good guy? Hm… What about Flea?

It’s an alternate world, though the only real alternate thing is that Janus grew up among humans and became the royal wizard of Guardia. THEN things got complicated.

<I>“Well, you know Janus, it’s kind of funny,” Slash dryly said as the man and monster backed up against each other cautiously, “ever since I saw you the first time I have wanted to see you die, I just didn’t expect us to go together.”</I>

Something like that :slight_smile:

Anyway, let’s get back on track. &%¤# ff.net, work! ;_; Poor xing, really.

I never actually realised just how many FF.net authors there were on this site. For I am also an author, but at the moment I have nothing up since I am still in the writing stage, but I’ll get them up over the summer, I promise. I’ll give you guys a holla when I have something up.

Anyway, Weiila all your fics sound reall cool, I would read them but I just don’t have the time, right now!!

Aint’ that the truth… I also have education to write up. Damn IT coursework…

And yeah, I was surprised as well, how many of us there were. I know Refugee and a few others personally (though not actually in person) through ffnet and MSN Msngr. Probably people find their way here from links at ffnet profiles and see the fanfic section and just submit stuff. You have to admit, more people write at ffnet then here (shame that:(). It’s just bigger, even if the server sucks…

Personally, I prefer RPGC for fanfiction because you have the reassurance that the archives are quality-controlled. Too much of FF.Net is sheer and utter crap >_<

So true. Behold:

http://www.fanfiction.com/profile.php?userid=352767

She asked me whether she could ‘adapt’ Diamond Dust for FFX. I foolishly allowed her, and this was the result:

http://www.fanfiction.com/read.php?storyid=1263375

I was very stupid…

… paaain… :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, I like RPGC better than ff.net too. We don’t have reviews here (pretty much…) of course, but there’s a tighter knot of a community and everything has to pass through me, Mazrim and soon enough somebody else before coming here.

I’ve noticed lately that there has been a steady stream of authors from ff.net coming here, often in small groups of three or so. I think people are spreading the knowledge :slight_smile:

Quick question, do you have the ability torefuse admissions? If more ffnet authors are coming here things could get nasty.

There are some requirements. Not just anything can be hosted here. Unless it has quality, off with it. Check the fanfic section in the main site for details.

Phew… That’s a relief…

You bet I have the ability to refuse, I’m glad if I don’t have to but sometimes it’s needed. My absolutely worst memory of this was a fic mainly concerning the author character having sex with Sephiroth -_-;;

And there are a couple of fics that I strongly plan on removing, which I realize I should never have accepted but did whether it was for hope or, in Robo Hobo’s case, the fact that he sent me one or two PMs each day asking me if his fic was alright yet. >_< I blame the fact that I was still green back then that I fell for that. I wanted to give him a… counts third chance I guess.
No, no, if any of you guys had written one of those I would have mailed you about it already.

Phew again.:slight_smile:

There’s a site called icybrian.com that uses an actual COMMITTE to decide which fics get in. Apparently they refused Knight of Spira because it was rubbish. Imbeciles.

Bah! Knight of Spira is good, I guess they’re just not fond of crossovers or something… the Squall/Rikku thing probably gets some people with so called “better taste” or something to raise that old eyebrow…

Strange… they’re nearly the same age. Not as, ahem, ‘offensive’ as Aurikkus. There’s like a 15 year difference there. Not that it stops people making great fics about 'em.