Have you ever cried when playing an RPG?

only SECRET OF MANA may used SoM. The rest can use some other crappy abriviation. >O fist

:kissy:

ff legends II:dad blocks the blast from apollo so that you survive.
ffIV:palom and porum turn themselve to stone so that your not crushed by the walls.
ffVII:aerith dies. is it me or has everyone shed a tear for her?
ffVII:cait sith dies!! oh wait theres another one? yay im happy again. :moogle:
ffVIII:rinoa is out in space about to die when she see squall’s ring witch somehow give her the strength to hold on.
ffX:tidus is disappears and can no longer touch yuna. so he trys to hug her.

Omg yes ;_;

Also: Ragnarok Online:When I killed a poring =/

World of Warcraft, when I killed a deer and her baby fawn just to skin them and make them into a pair of new boots… ~_~

I can’t remember a moment when I have actually cried, but there have been times where I became teary eyed. So close enough.

MGS:When Sniper Wolf dies
FF8:During the space scene, and in the cockpit of the Ragnarok
FF7:The first time I saw the Aeris death scene

FF7: Am I the only one who thinks that Aeris’s character wasn’t developed well enough for one to really care if she died or not? Because that scene didn’t really do anything for me. I’m not trying to say that your opinions aren’t valid or anything, but I just really didn’t feel anything out of the ordinary when I saw it.

By the way, in Dragon Warrior 7: The scene where the present king of Falrod enters Zebbot’s old house and tries to take the MechSoldier Eri away from Zebbot’s corpse. Just seeing poor Eri continue to serve Zebbot, even long after he had perished made me incredibly sad because the poor robot didn’t understand what death meant, and though it didn’t have feelings, it realized that something was wrong when Zebbot wouldn’t eat his soup, and why Zebbot felt unnaturally thin. When you return later in the game, Eri is rusted and inoperable, but she is sitting in front of Zebbot’s corpse, supposedly with a sense of fulfillment or happiness on her face. It’s the most beautiful scene I have ever seen in an RPG.

This is a wonderful thread. 8)

Nope, you’re not the only one. I didn’t care at all either. And good one about DWVII. I didn’t even remember that scene. :smiley:

Generally, it’s the sad theme songs that almost make me cry (FF4 being the best to me, though I’m sure there are better ones :P), whatever may be happening in the game. Most endings make me feel weird and nostalgic too, but I have no logical explanation for that.

the same happens to me too! it happened when i finished FF4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ,9

In Crono Trigger and various other games…

Certain songs may be more exciting/sad/happy than others if they’re associated with things in the real world, or if the scene they’re played in is relative to a certain time in your life, I guess.

I’m really surprised that people ACTUALLY got teary eyed when this happened. I mean, sure I know there are some characters that you just get attached to, but I agree. She wasnt that great. And because every character could do anything (magic wise) due to materia, I didnt even feel like “oh noes, I lost the healer” cause everyone could heal. All in all, I felt no character development reason nor any combat changing reason to give a crud about her.

Never.
My heart is made of ice. *Nod.

Well, you’re the concept of death Nulani, so if you were to cry when someone died, you might lose your job. 8P

Thanks for complimenting on the thread, Dalton of Zeal.

:cool:

I cry. When angels deserve to die.

And I hate that band.

Really? I was pretty much happy when she was.

I’ll probably have to go with

The ending to Lufia II, when Maxim and Selan die together. ;_;

you cruel bastard!

Wow, I completely forgot about that one. That was the last time I ever cried during a videogame

You know, it’d be a lot easier if people posted what games people are tlaking about outside of spoilers, then put in the spoilers what they’re talking about. I’m just lucky most of these are games I’ve already played.

Anyway, instead of putting them all in tags, I’ll just say that I’ve cried at the same monets as everyone else in: Kingdom Hearts, Lufia 2, and FFVI, and also, I’m embarassed to say in megaman X, when Zero died. In my defense, I was in transition between medications then, and was emotional as all living hell.

Also, music has really affected me at times, too. The most influential piece so far is the Ending theme of Mana from Legend of Mana. And a few others do the dsame, but nos as influential as that one.

God, I’m one emotional muthefugga, ain’t I?

No need to be embarassed, I was very very sad about that too…

why that was so sad