Hardass bosses journey.

BOF3: try beating Balio and Sunder the first time.

Originally posted by YourWorstEnemy
BOF3: try beating Balio and Sunder the first time.

Alas, you can’t beat Balio and Sunder the first time around. They’re HP is locked, and you simply cannot kill them. There were a lot of rumours regarding this, but it was finally resolved at Gamefaqs.

try the end boss of arc 2. pack a lunch first. as it averages a half hour to take it down if your lucky.
zophar on L2 s ridiculous, I still can’t figure out how I beat him the first time.

My current quest, which will probably take my whole life :hahaha; , is to beat Baal in Disgaea. He’s at the end of the final secret level and has 3 million HP.

Originally posted by Valkyrie Esker
Same here. I take it you did it without the Triple-Attack skill? I hadn’t learned of that until after I beat Zophar. At level 49. >_<

I had Hiro’s Triple Sword skill, but he was still hard as hell. The first form was a bit of a challenge, but the form with all them hands took me a long time to beat.

pretty much. Is it better to just focus on killing him, or to kill all the hands first?

Originally posted by Ivan
Solid Arm is also the first boss you fight in SoulBlazer. I don’t know how the IoG version compares, since I never collected all of the red gems (I didn’t take the slaver’s gem, for one, and for two, I didn’t search diligently for a bunch of them). For the SoulBlazer version, I know that he could be beaten by repeating a simple pattern, but he did a lot of damage if you happened to screw it up.

ACtually, Solid Arm is quite easy if you figure out the trick. Set up a Psycho Spin (Tornado?) and go in after him and then quickly dash out before you stop and he gets a grip on you. You do like 2/4 damage a pass, but he’s actually pretty easy if you do it just right.

Try the Black Rabbite in Seiken Densetsu 3

tough bugger

I couldn’t resist… here’s a list of bosses to attempt.

FF1: Warmech
FF2: Iron Giant
FF5: Omega, Shinryuu
FF6: Complete the game with the 4 characters you need to collect in the World Of Ruin (Edgar, Sabin, Celes, Setzer)
FF7: Ruby and Emmy Weapons
FF9: Ozma
FFX: Penance (you need FFX International for this one)

DW3 (GB): Divinegon and GrandDragon
DW7: God

Star Ocean 2: Gabriel Celeste, then Iseria Queen. Even better, take the limiter off the last boss. Or play Universe Mode

Valkyrie Profile: Beat the entire Seraphic Gate. EVERYTHING there is a hardass boss.

Any Wild ARMs game: Ragu O Ragula, Angolmois.

Legend Of Legaia: Lapis, the Muscle Dome Expert Division (1 person with no equipment, magic or items versus some of the toughest bosses in the game)

Legaia 2 Duel Saga: Dream Match in Phorcoon Arena (fight everyone, INCLUDING Avalon and Stiel)

FFT: Defeat Elidibs and learn Zodiac.

Good luck. 8) And if you need any help with the WA, Star Ocean, Valkyrie or Legaia ones, ask me. I’ve trounced them all. 8)

I have to agree with Dalton on fighting Divinigon on GBC remake of DW3. and then fighting him again in less time, and then again in less time, and so on and so forth. That also requires getting most of the monster medals if I’m not mistaken. and then, if you want a really hardass challenge, beat ff1 with a party of white mages. I’ve heard its tough. but my current challenge is beating ff1 with one blackbelt, which seems to be more of a boring task then hard.

Originally posted by Dalton Of Zeal
FF5: Omega, Shinryuu

Are these two even beatable without using cheats? They pose the problem of killing you without really giving you a chance to do anything.

It’s very possible to beat them both without cheats. In fact, dare I say it, Shinryuu is easy. Here’s a neat trick for beating him.

In the Cleft of Dimension, swipe Dragon Lances from the Crystal Dragon enemies. You’ll need 8 of them. Next, buy 4 Coral Rings from the hidden ring shop in Mirage Town (remember?). Finally, make sure everyone has the TwoSwords ability (name?) from the Ninja class and the !Jump command from the Lancer class.

Change your characters to bare, equip them with 2 Dragon Lances each, 1 Coral Ring each and the Jump ability. When the fight with Shinryuu begins, Tital Wave will heal you rather than hurt. Now, have everyone Jump. When everyone has landed, Shinryuu should be dead.

Originally posted by deathstryke
pretty much. Is it better to just focus on killing him, or to kill all the hands first?

I usually go after the hands first, as they cause the most problems.

Originally posted by Ivan
Are these two even beatable without using cheats? They pose the problem of killing you without really giving you a chance to do anything.

WEll I did beat Omega Weapons without using cheats. Or I might have used a save state at a particular point, I don 't remember. Man that bitch was tough.

OK, more boasting: (:hahaha; )

*FF5: I beat Shiryuu, using the trick that Dalton mentioned. Couldn’t beat Omega, thought.
*FF7: I beat Emerald Weapon! And I ALMOST got Ruby Weapon, using a strategy I was given: basically, using Mime materias to CONSTANTLY hit it with the 12 Knights Summons. But I goofed and hit the wrong button once, giving the bastard the chance to hit me. Game Over. I was so mad I didn’t try again. But SOMEDAY…
*Star Ocean 2: I beat Celeste with the limter off!! I DID strenghten my characters first by exploring the Cave of Trials first (I even got the Tri-Ace skill!) Man, my patience amazes even me sometimes…
FFT: Yes, I beat Elibdis AND learned Zodiac. Same deal as in SO2.

Not a bad record, all in all… :slight_smile:

Very good! Now take down Ragu o Ragula in Wild Arms 2 without the Dalton Of Zeal trick. 8P

I’ll eventually give Chef Ragu another try , since I will definitely replay WAII someday (it’s one of my all-time favorites). But, just out of curiosity, how did you beat him?

Originally posted by Dalton Of Zeal
[b]It’s very possible to beat them both without cheats. In fact, dare I say it, Shinryuu is easy. Here’s a neat trick for beating him.

In the Cleft of Dimension, swipe Dragon Lances from the Crystal Dragon enemies. You’ll need 8 of them. Next, buy 4 Coral Rings from the hidden ring shop in Mirage Town (remember?). Finally, make sure everyone has the TwoSwords ability (name?) from the Ninja class and the !Jump command from the Lancer class.

Change your characters to bare, equip them with 2 Dragon Lances each, 1 Coral Ring each and the Jump ability. When the fight with Shinryuu begins, Tital Wave will heal you rather than hurt. Now, have everyone Jump. When everyone has landed, Shinryuu should be dead. [/b]

That trick was in the strategy guide for the game that I got. When I played it though, I spent hours fighting those damn dragon and not even one dropped a Dragon Lance, so I gave up and beat the game.

I know, it’s from the official guide. I didn’t write it; the strategy is far too good for me to think up.

And read it over one more time…

“In the Cleft of Dimension, swipe Dragon Lances from the Crystal Dragon enemies.”

They don’t drop them; you need to Mug!

…It’s not an FF game, but give Breath Of Fire V: Dragon Quarter. It’s the best one in the series and certainly worth a look…and of course, it’s challenge was rather satisfying. Try Bosch’s second form and see what I mean.

Redrum and Deus from Xenogears were quite challenging also, and evne though I haven’t fought it, I heard FFX’s Nemisis is a nightmare.