Hardass bosses journey.

I’m currently begining a journey to defeat the hardass bosses on RPGs for no particular reason. My current list of targets is on my sig but I was wondering if anybody had any boss to add.

One thing: Suggest bosses that are HARDASS not just hard. That means that I’m not going to take any boss that shows a slight dificculty like Miguel in Chrono Cross. I’m only looking for those that are nearly impossible like the Weapons.

Another thing: Most of them are FF bosses, that’s what I’m posting here, but actually it can be any game as long as it stays in the SNES, Genesis, PSX and GBA consoles.

Yet another thing: I’m not going to buy a new game just to fight a boss. So if I don’t have the game, I wont do it (The list of what games I do have is too long to write)

Finally: This is totally pointless, I know. But what the heck.

Well if you have FFX, you could always go for the Dark Aeons, and the original creatures in Monster Arena. They are quite difficult.

I’ll list some even if you don’t have the game. You might have it, or could always rent it, right? Other people might want to try this as well.

Suikoden I-

Teo McDohl with Pahn

Suikoden II-

Luca Blight (you gotta beat him to advance the plot, so obviously he’s beatable, but try to do it with less intimidating characters like Flik and whatnot)

Valkyrie Profile-

Gabrielle Celeste…I believe that’s her name. In the Seraphic Gate.

Star Ocean 2nd Story-

Same boss as above

Legend of Dragoon-

Doel, with SHANA in your party

Lufia 2-

Gades, the first time around

Chrono Trigger-

Lavos, with only Crono and Marle in your party

Chrono Cross-

I can’t remember how difficult Darius is, but I’ll put him down anyways.

Breath of Fire 1-

Jade, and Tyr, the last bosses…but beat them withOUT going all uber dragon-y that deals 999 attack points each time…holy hell I did this one time and…it was the most longest and difficult and nerve wracking battle I ever had. Well, I was also 11 at the time, but it was still frigging hard nonetheless.

Super Mario RPG-

Culex, the hidden FF monster in Monstro Town. If you’re good, you can take him down at level 24 instead of level 28 like the game advises. Defnately one of the best and interesting boss battles ever.

All I can think of for now.

WarMech from Final Fantasy 1 would be a good challenge.

You could also try to do Kefka’s tower (Final Fantasy 6) with parties of three. Make your third party pitifully weak (Strago, Relm, Umaro) for even more of a challenge.

Final Fantasy 7, beat the Midgar Zolom as soon as you can.

I’ll think of more later…

Try fighting Bahamut, Dark Bahamut, Tidarthian and any major enemy from late in Final Fantasy IV (hard version) with the cursor set to ‘active’ rather than ‘wait’.

Omega (weapon) and Shinryuu from Final Fantasy V.

Solid Arm from Illusion of Gaia.

Lufia 2- Gades, the first time around. (I didn’t know that was possible. I’ll try)

Chrono Trigger- Lavos, with only Crono and Marle in your party. (I Did it with just Crono)

Chrono Cross- I can’t remember how difficult Darius is, but I’ll put him down anyways. (It’s Dario, and I managed to beat him before Chronopolis without using the color elements trick. Really hard).

Breath of Fire 1- Jade, and Tyr, the last bosses…but beat them withOUT going all uber dragon-y that deals 999 attack points each time…holy hell I did this one time and…it was the most longest and difficult and nerve wracking battle I ever had. Well, I was also 11 at the time, but it was still frigging hard nonetheless. (I just had the second level dragons when I battled them, I got the Agni form for Tyr but didn’t use it)

Super Mario RPG - Culex, the hidden FF monster in Monstro Town. If you’re good, you can take him down at level 24 instead of level 28 like the game advises. Defnately one of the best and interesting boss battles ever. (I remember this guy, I still have to beat him. This one goes to the list.)

Final Fantasy 7, beat the Midgar Zolom as soon as you can. (Not really worth the trouble)

I have none of the other games.

I’ll recommend the final boss from SD3.

On your 1st CT playthrough try fighting the Golem in the throne room and surviving. THAT’S a challenge.

You mean Chrono Trigger? …what golem?

When you first get to Zeal Palace, go into the throne room, and Dalton will send a Golem at you. Sorry should have been specific.

Shining Force 2: Complete the Secret Battle(The one with all the bosses)

Originally posted by ahkeeyuu
When you first get to Zeal Palace, go into the throne room, and Dalton will send a Golem at you. Sorry should have been specific.

Uhm… you HAVE to beat that golem to continue the story. And it’s pretty darn easy, as well as anything Dalton does.

I don’t have FFIV or V nor I have Shining Force.

Seiken Densetsu 3: FUCK! I’m still stuck in the battle after the Dark Beast, that game is so HARD!

Ilusion of Gaia: I’m not sure which one you’re talking about, but I passed the whole game so I suppose I already did it.

Originally posted by Seraphim Ephyon
I don’t have FFIV or V nor I have Shining Force.

Thus, you emulate!

You want hard bosses? FFX’s monster area is chock-full of them. (Damn you, Nemesis!)

And all of the Wild ARMs games share a common uber-boss: Ragu O Ragula. I have yet to face him myself in any of the 3, but just from what I’m heard, I’m terrified.

Uhm… you HAVE to beat that golem to continue the story. And it’s pretty darn easy, as well as anything Dalton does.

No, you do not. If the party falls to the golem, the game continues with them imprisoned in the beams of light in the chamber of the Mammon Machine.

Ilusion of Gaia: I’m not sure which one you’re talking about, but I passed the whole game so I suppose I already did it.

Solid Arm is the major enemy at the end of Gem’s Mansion.

Originally posted by Sir Percival

Solid Arm is the major enemy at the end of Gem?s Mansion.

Solid Arm is also the first boss you fight in SoulBlazer. I don’t know how the IoG version compares, since I never collected all of the red gems (I didn’t take the slaver’s gem, for one, and for two, I didn’t search diligently for a bunch of them). For the SoulBlazer version, I know that he could be beaten by repeating a simple pattern, but he did a lot of damage if you happened to screw it up.

How about Zophar from Lunar 2: Eternal Blue Complete? Took me a long time to beat him.

Originally posted by Sir Percival
[b]No, you do not. If the party falls to the golem, the game continues with them imprisoned in the beams of light in the chamber of the Mammon Machine.

Solid Arm is the major enemy at the end of Gem’s Mansion. [/b]

1. Really? Didn’t know that.

2. Oh, yeah, I remember him. Hard, but not impossible. I found the final boss even more complicated.

Originally posted by Sam-urai
How about Zophar from Lunar 2: Eternal Blue Complete? Took me a long time to beat him.

Same here. I take it you did it without the Triple-Attack skill? I hadn’t learned of that until after I beat Zophar. At level 49. >_<

Evangelion: what do you mean, about Star Ocean 2? Did it share a Boss with Valkyrie Profile? (I played SO2, but not VP.)

And I beat Culex the first time… tho’ I kinda cheated, I had a LOT of rock candy saved and I threw all of them at him. That weakened him a lot. :slight_smile:

PanamaJack: I GOTTA finish FF6 some day, I played RIGHT up to Kefka but then doubled and left the tower, I wanted to have ALL the characters learn ALL the spells first… and I got bored and quit. Yes, I’m a moron. I’ll finish it someday. :fungah:

I also fought and killed the Midgard Zolom on my first try, right after getting the chocobo! Only to find out there were MORE of the damn thing. GOD, I was SO angry!!!

GG Crono: I never got to the Arena in FFX. Maybe next time.

I beat Ragu o’ Ragula in the first Wild Arms, but not the second. And I never even got to him in Wild Arms 3 (that Abyss is deeeeep!)

VE: Well, I beat Zophar the first time! cough :slight_smile:

My recomendations: I found most Bosses in Saga Frontier challenging, especially the final ones. Of course, I was still a novice back then… still, those are still among my FAVORITE final battles ever. I especially loved Red’s and Asellus’ (The Charm Lord gets my vote as the most odious RPG villain EVER!) The only one I couldn’t beat (without a Game Shark) was the Ring Lord because You can only beat him by scoring ‘points’ on him with attack combos… and for some reason, I just could never get enough of them to happen.

WM: VP and SO are both made by Enix, so they have similarities.

The Cave of Trials and the Seraphic Gate mirror each other in difficulty and goal- and they both have the same end bosses, both hard as hell.