Happy tenth birthday Debian! :D

Celebrates and hands out CDs with Knoppix on to everyone

May the next 10 years be as good. :slight_smile:

Woo for Linux.
waits for the anti linux flame storm

LINUX SUCKS!!~# AND YOU SUCK FOR LIKING IT!!11111111`132
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOOLLOLOLOLOLOLO!!!111

Communists… Who’ll ever understand them?

I don’t understand why people say happy birthday to projects, but here goes.

HAPPY ONE YEAR CLOSER TO THE END OF ALL DAY.

I didn’t realize Debian was that old. Here’s to a kick-ass distro, though. :wink:

No wonder nobody takes you seriously Wert, your wasting valuable posting time giving birthday wishes to a computer program.

Sorc: a Program and an OS aren’t the same thing. Edit your post before Wert fails in an attempt to kill you.

Xelo: anything a computer runs is a program. Programs are instructions the computer follows to do something. The OS is basically that, a program that makes the computer work with other programs.

The OS is more importantly the I/O of various hardware devices so the software can run properly. There is a difference between the commonly refered to ‘program’ and an OS.

So? It’s still a program. The bible is the bible, but it’s still a book.

Originally posted by Ren
Communists… Who’ll ever understand them?

Ah yes, it’s funny if you look at it how Linux actually run on <em>capitalistic</em> basic principles and people using it gets accused of being communists…

Yeah, well, Linux still sucks.

Originally posted by Wertigon
Ah yes, it’s funny if you look at it how Linux actually run on <em>capitalistic</em> basic principles and people using it gets accused of being communists…

Dude, I was just kidding :ah-ha!:

And Chris is right. Linux would be teh rox, if only it were more user friendly >_<

Ren: Then what do you call MacOS X?

… Okay, granted, it’s based on UNIX, not Linux, but those two are similar. =P

Otherwise, XandrosOS and it’s 7-click install is very UF. :slight_smile:

Linux is userfriendly, it just lacks Windows’ compatability and finanical backing.

But it still is silly to say happy birthday to a project. Then again, isn’t it silly to say happy birthday to a organisation and to countries?

…

I don’t see how this is any different than wishing “happy birthday” to a band or a favorite game. Unless Wert’s baking Debian a cake or something over-the-top like that. :stuck_out_tongue:

Hides cake behind back

Huh? Wha? This? No this is not a birthday cake! I just did it coz… Uh… I like cake! Yeah! Whistles innocently

… Why you still here?

Because we’re not stupid enough to belive you.