Happy Memorial Day

For those of us in the United States, have a happy and safe Memorial Day. For me, this is one of those extra special days where we go get massive amounts of Bar-B-Q Ribs and Potato Salad and live the good southern life 8D

And for you Canadians, Europeans and any nationality beside American, get back to work. :frowning:

Wow.I don’t think we have a Memorial Day, I’m not too familiar with Canada’s holidays…though we just had Victoria day but…yeah you can’t really celebrate anything on that day except the queen and stuff (or does it have another meaning than a day off?I don’t know:( ) What sucks is we also don’t have a Prime Ministers Day…just like Americans, but only with the president dull sigh Ok I officially dropped my IQ 10 points by posting this.

Happy Memorial Day, everyone. :cool:

(To all you people not in the U.S. out there, yeah, what Z said :P)

Well its bank holiday here.

well at least I like my job so I don’t give a damn :stuck_out_tongue:

Well I was supposed to march in our Memorial Day Parade but it was raining like a sunuvabitch here so it was canceled. Oh well. Family was here for a while so it’s all good.

Have a safe and happy Memorial Day guys.

It’s bank holiday Monday here in the U.K. So if I had a job, I wouldn’t be working today anyway.

Today was a great Memorial Day for me, I’m so happy! ^^

the only good thing about memorial day for me is it gets me out of school…

And Memorial Day is celebrated because?

Originally posted by Nulani
And Memorial Day is celebrated because?

To honor the brave soldiers who fought in WWII. …Or was that WWI, I forget…

Actually, I think it’s Vietnam, but I could be wrong.

I think it was first started for the dead of the civil war.

It’s for any and all veterans of any and all wars, IIRC…

Anyhoo, we got BBQ chicken, ribs, and mashed potatoes with pepper and garlic! YUMMY! :smiley:

and at my place, i have the joy of feasting upon…chicken and rice. go me.:stuck_out_tongue:

I live in Virginia, and we didnt get it off.:frowning: Darn snow days.

It’s actually here to honor fallen soldiers from all US wars.

Originally posted by Megaman984
It’s actually here to honor fallen soldiers from all US wars.

Ahem. cough cough:slight_smile: